Wow, it feels like such a long time since my body has done something so perfect! When I wasn't on Clomid my cycles were identical. I could count on ovulating on CD15 and my follicles (1 per try) grew at the expected rate of 0.2 cm per day. Then presumably clomid screwed that up with my last 2 monitored cycles being disastrous.
That said, I was really upset leaving the clinic this morning because I saw my chart and thought my follicles for CD12 were 1.0, 1.0, 0.9cm. Shiteous development. I was worrying the whole way home that I was a lost cause and I'd somehow irrevocably messed with my cycle... I'd never get pregnant!
Well.... not so! I was reading Friday's results! My results for today were 4 follicles: 1.4, 1.4, 1.3 and 1.2 cm. Officially the BEST clomid results to date! The 1.2 cm follicle may not catch up but I have at least 2 follies growing at the same rate! HOLY CRAP!!!! Needless to say I'm thrilled!!
As for the metformin - I've had no side effects. My doctor has me tapering on adding 500 mg per week so right now I'm only on 500 mg. It feels so good to finally be starting this protocol. I do admit I'm still skeptical over what it's going to do since 1) I already ovulate on my own and 2) I have regular cycles. We shall see! For now I'm on a happy follicle high! It looks like I'll get to inseminate before the end of the week!
HI J,
ReplyDeleteIts Tireegal from BBC here. I put you on my blogroll - hope you don't mind.
That is such good news about the follies and the metformin - so glad you are having no side effects. FX for you!
take care.
TG:)
sounds like everything is moving along perfectly! good luck!
ReplyDeleteThat is fantastic! Don't you just love those numbers!
ReplyDeleteYou're lucky you have no side effects from the metformin. I must admit that I rarely feel side effects from medication but this is leaving me with some GI issues. I'll leave it at that.
Hi Tireegal. I don't mind the add at all. It's great that we'll be able to keep in contact over blogger now that OBBC is closing.
ReplyDeleteS. Thanks!
Queerstork. I'm only on 500 mg 1x per day right now so I may just be lucky due to the low dose. I've read that the GI issues only last for few days so the worst may be over soon!