Maybe if I trusted my doctor I'd be more willing to try Metformin? Well after reading Queerstork's last blog entry (thank you for the inspiration/motivation) I decided to go and fill that darn prescription. I was sooooo confident all the way to the drugstore and even coming home. I thought I'd take the first pill tonight!
but...now I have it at home now and I'm about to walk it upstairs to hide it in the linen closest (away from D who will force me to take it). Why does this drug sound so freakin' scary to me? The paper they gave me with all the scary warnings tells me to wear a medic alert bracelet. Why?
I googled "Metformin and TTC" and I got pages of women thanking Metformin for helping regulate their cycle (and a few pages about the aforementioned scary side effects). I have a regular cycle. I've NEVER missed a period. We know someone how had great success with Metformin (she's on her 2nd pregnancy), so who knows, maybe it would work?
I say give it a try. I've never missed a period either and I ovulate on my own.. yet I've been taking clomid, prometrium, hcg, and now metformin.
ReplyDeleteI'll all for stacking up the odds.
The worst thing that could happen is you'll hate it and then you can stop! Nothing happened to me on my first pill but I tend to handle medication very well.
I never missed a period and also was ovulating on my own, but because I was diagnosed as insulin resistant due to my PCOS my doc said I should use Metformin. It helped my body get balanced again. I was on it for 4 mos and got my BFP on my 3rd try.
ReplyDeleteThe only side effects I experienced were mild nausea for the first 2-3 weeks of being on it. I don't think we would have been successful or been able to sustain the pregnancy thru the 1st try if I hadn't been on it.
Kelly (Irish1971)
Thank you for your comments! I took my first tablet this morning! I'm glad I'm doing this and not waiting anymore. Its funny how you wake up one day and realize you're being silly and need to grow up!!
ReplyDeleteFYI Metaformin will take 3-4 months to regulate your period/cycles. So don't count on it doing anything this month if you started now.
ReplyDelete