Sunday, December 28, 2008

IVF etc

D will be contacting her insurance provider tomorrow to find out if they cover IVF meds and to confirm her company is still on an annual renewal. I'm not sure how much information we'll be able to get from them since we do not know what meds I'll take but we're just investigating at this point. I'm going to have to move over to her insurance regardless because her insurance covers $4000 for infertility treatments (over a lifetime). My insurance is awful and doesn't even cover Clomid so $4000 sounds amazing. The only good thing about my insurance is the $700/year health spending account. Thankfully I'll retain that when moving over. I was certain D's company was on a 2 year renewal plan but D thinks it is a 1 year renewal that is up in March. That would work out well for us to try an IVF cycle in April or May. In the meantime I plan to stick with IUI otherwise I have no chance for a baby in 2009.
I really want to yell at my KD right about now. We had intended on trying again in October before he screwed us over by deciding he wanted nothing to do with a resulting pregnancy. I really wanted to try with a KD. I didn't want to be forced back into the clinic using a sperm bank only to find out our donor was sold out (even though I'm happy with our new donor). God, I hope something GOOD happens soon because I'm really fed up.
I spent a good 45 minutes on the phone this afternoon recording my results from my previous 3 cycles. I hope that will help move things along and I will not have to monitor at the new clinic. An interesting note was that my LH surge was 18 on cycle #6. Normally it is much higher (in the 40-50 range). I wonder if this somehow impacted the timing and made the difference? I've always ovulated between 7:00 am the day of my first IUI and 7:00 am the day of my second IUI so I'm not sure what this could mean but something did work that time.
I'm going in for my Beta tomorrow because I want to stop taking my progesterone. So far no AF but many BFN.

1 comment: