D contacted her insurance company today. Her renewal is at the end of February for April 1st. We originally thought we’d have $4000 but our coverage is only $3000. The $3000 is per lifetime for fertility medication (which means 1 try) and there is no other coverage for the IVF procedure. I’m completely annoyed that D’s coverage includes $500 per-year-for life for Erectile dysfunction but only $3000 total for infertility. I’m glad to know the men at her work will have a lifetime supply of Viagra!!!!!! It’s clear who prioritized THIS policy.
BTW, Still no AF. What a bugger being late this month (although not a first). I went in for my bloodwork today. This is my first time ever going for the BETA. Do I still feel a glimmer of hope? Yes. Am I in denial? Yes.
insurance companies suck. if there is a hell, im certain the person who authored my policy will be there. mine covers $0 of fertility treatment, but all sorts of things like you mentioned - viagra, etc. it's mindbogglingly unjust!
ReplyDelete