Tuesday, December 9, 2008

O.M.G.

This morning really sucked. I told D I wasn’t in the mood to jockey for a spot on the elevator before 7:00 am so we decided to arrive at 7:00 am instead (when the clinic opens). That meant I’d be about 12th on the list and need to wait about 30 min to get in for my u/s. The women at my clinic are early risers and usually get there well before the clinic opens. So we get there at about 7:05 and the fire alarm is ringing and it’s clear that nobody has made it upstairs. The lobby was packed! We waited and waited and waited until we were told at 7:30 that it would be another half an hour. By this point the lobby was overflowing with hormonal women with blackberry/cells in hand that were typing away and calling their offices saying they’d be late. Naturally when the elevators finally started working everyone wanted to be the first on.
In the end it seemed like the fertility gods were on my side. When I finally got upstairs to the clinic the sign-up sheet for u/s was not on the u/s desk so everyone was running to the blood lab. Since blood takes about 5 min and u/s about 15 I waited to sign-up for the u/s first. Lucky thing I did because I was top 10 on the u/s list and top 20 for blood work. I got into both in a reasonable amount of time and was out of there by 8:30.
As for my u/s, it caused me stress. The tech asked if I was having my IUI today. I hate when they do that! Of course I now think I’m going to ovulate before my IUI. I’m trying to stay calm. I bet I won’t be having a trigger shot again this cycle. I’m pretty sure my call today will tell me I’m surging and my IUI will be tomorrow. Darn it all.

3 comments:

  1. ohh..a christmas eve BFP, how fun!! :)

    sounds like everything is going as scheduled, despite the frantic morning.

    wishing you luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, J, I know that it must have been frustrating at the time, but you really came out of it on top and I just love the image of all the hormonal women on their blackberries and fighting to get into the elevator. Someone should make a movie out of this!
    Take care and I hope your IUI goes well and is good timing!
    TG:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. TG - Oooh I have the name "Knocked Out" 25 women fight for 1 elevator but only one will make it out on top.

    S. I'll be asking Santa for a BFP but talk about pressure to perform! lol

    ReplyDelete