Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas

I was determined to not let a BFN ruin Christmas and it hasn't. I thought I'd be more upset but I think I'm just completely worn out by this process and no longer have the strength to be upset by it.
Christmas Eve
We both had to work Christmas Eve but we were out of work by noon. I hope the same will hold true for New Years eve! We had the entire afternoon to prepare for a trip into Hamilton and Burlington to visit our family. First up was seeing D's mom. Due to the family drama we had to see her Christmas Eve instead of Christmas day. She was going to be at D's brother's house for Christmas and we're not allowed there! She got us a new Dishwasher!!
Afterwards we went to my father's house. He has an open house on Christmas Eve which is a lot of fun. My Aunt was there (mom's sister) and I can't even believe the present she gave me! About 13 years ago my Nana had given me a heart shaped locket. It was a present from her brother to her on on her 18th birthday. My mom was so upset and she refused to let me keep it. She said my Nana had said she could have it. Well my Nana passed away in March 2005 followed by my Papa in September 2007. My mother and her sisters sorted out the estate and in the end I was left with nothing. I asked my mother about the locket many times and she kept saying she didn't know where it was. I had actually given up on it. Imagine my surprise when my Aunt gave me the small box. I wasn't sure if it was going to be the locket but it was! She said that I was meant to have it. I asked if my mother would be upset and she told me "never mind, this was meant to be yours". Could anyone ask for a better present? I love it so much!
D and I then spent the night at my dad's so that I could be with my brother when he opened his presents.
Christmas Day
My brother slept in until 7:45 am. What a relief! We thought for sure he'd be up at 5:00 am. The morning was very hectic. My brother loved the Guitar Hero for DS I bought him. He loved it so much I think it may have been his favourite present (much to the dismay of my parents). D and I were spoiled as usual. We got a Wii Fit (I've known about that for months), a new blender, a Fire Box and a bunch of other cool stuff. We stayed for Christmas Dinner before heading home. Since we normally go to my dad's for Christmas we open presents Christmas night. We were supposed to only have bought stocking stuffers this year because of New York City but we didn't follow that rule. The good news is that I think we maintained a reasonable budget and didn't got crazy. D got me an American Girl Doll. Yes, it's silly but I've always wanted one. Anyway, she got me Kit because I look most like her.


D got me the movie Kit Kittridge as well. Sort of as a joke because of the doll but it is a cute movie. I also got Mamma Mia on Blu-ray and was pleased to see it came with a digital copy for my iPod Touch. I got D American Idol for PS3, Guitar Hero World Tour, Sleeping Beauty and the first Season of Chuck on Blu-Ray.
Boxing Day
Christmas is exhausting. I slept most of the day on Boxing day but we had to return our rental car (bummer). Since we returned it at Union Station we walked through the mall (Eaton Centre) on our way home. It was sooooo busy! I had bought D a $30 gift Card to Future Shop so she could buy a new Sims game but it was just too busy to even think about shopping. We went home instead and started watching our new movies and played American Idol.

It's back to work on Monday. Oh well. I'm looking forward to New Years Eve because we have tickets to see the Raptors. Only a few more days!

2 comments:

  1. sorry about the BFN - hope you can re-cuperate after all the Christmas excitement and get some energy up for the next time - or maybe a late BFP?
    Sounds like you guys got some great presents and some really fun stuff! The Wii fit is something I have been ogling for a while now!
    Hope you have fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I'm still hoping for a late BFP.. but you know how that goes. All you can do is hope.
    The wii fit does look pretty neat. Although I'm afraid to step on it. It told my 9 year old brother he's obese and he's just a kid with a little bit of chub! lol

    ReplyDelete