Saturday, November 8, 2008

NYC...!!

I'm not sure if it was the scent of Wanda's Belgian Waffles pouring onto Yonge Street or going to see Idina Menzel at The Music Hall but D and I had NYC on our minds Friday. Not a good thing! We started talking about going in December and then all of a sudden we had a hotel and car booked. We're going to NYC for Christmas!!!!. I'm thrilled! I've always wanted to see the lights and decorations but for some reason we've never been in late November or December. I'm also hoping we'll get to see Fuerzabruta. I can't wait! Oh, and we're staying in the City. D would never have agreed if it meant commuting from NJ again. That sucked (the commuting part - not NJ).
As for the Idina Menzel show. Idina Menzel was in both RENT and Wicked so she has a following of some really insane fan girls. The BEST part of the show was when the audience started to "MOOOOO" and she responded with "Fuck YOOOUUUUUUU". Mooing is a RENT reference and I'm certain she is so sick of RENT and people mooing at her! The only reason I agreed to go was because D wanted to. She has a goal of seeing all of the Original Broadway Cast of RENT. That may sound obsessive but she isn't all fan girl about it. She only has one cast member left to see, Taye Diggs - Idina Menzel's husband who is currently on Private Practice. Hopefully he'll be on Broadway again soon so we can get this over with.

No comments:

Post a Comment