Saturday, November 29, 2008

Christmas Decorating

D and I put up our Christmas tree today! Here's a picture:
We also went to the mall. I got a hoodie from AƩropostale because there was a good sale. D bought a couple of tops for going to see shows in NYC. Speaking of NYC we switched our hotel on Friday. We ended up getting an amazing deal on a hotel in midtown that I've always wanted to stay at. We were going to be staying on the upper west side (96th) which was the best deal we could find at them time. Actually it was the ONLY deal we could find at the time. It seems that the recent negative press due terrorist threats may have worked in our favor as tourists who will not cancel our plans. Of course I'm not pleased with what is happening but mostly because I have seen what increased security looks like in NYC and frankly its a bit scary itself. Safe is good but it does take away a bit of the festive feeling when you see machine-gun-toting soldiers.

No comments:

Post a Comment