You know what is really annoying? That my mother found out about our trip to NYC and used that to justify asking for her money back. What does she want? For me to cancel our trip to pay her back? Would she really ask me to ruin my Christmas Plans?
My mother always gets really annoyed when she finds out we're going on a vacation. I've told her numerous times that we work hard for what we have and we choose to spend our money to go on a couple of vacations a year. It's our choice. She really must think we're rich if she thinks we can hand over hundreds of dollars to her on demand. We budget our money. We've just finished our Christmas shopping and are set to buy more sperm in a couple of weeks. She also knows that we have not had good luck lately with Frank's vet bills being over $700 at the end of September and our dishwasher needing replaced. Yes we booked a 2 night trip to NYC (2 freakin' nights) instead of exchanging gifts (which we often go overboard with).
Bleh. Moving on...
Last night we went to Much Music to see the cast of Twilight. D is all into Twilight (the books are OK) and wanted to see Robert Pattinson. It was crrrazy. There were so many screaming girls and it was pouring rain. I gave up and went across the street. I had to get away from it. I ended up going into Tribal Rhythm and I bought a new shirt to put on since mine was soaked. I got some OK pictures of RPatzz for D and then we left. Brrr it was cold. We didn't end up going to the Santa Claus parade because I didn't think I could handle anymore cold weather. Instead we went to the mall which was also crrrazy. It seems like the Christmas season is in full swing.
On that Note: Christmas Meme taken from Stacey & Angele's blog
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
I prefer using wrapping paper but I sometimes use gift bags.
2. Real tree or Artificial?
Artificial. I like to put the tree up earlier than a real tree would last.
3. When do you put up the tree?
Normally the weekend of the Santa Claus Parade which was this weekend. I'll probably put it up next weekend.
4. When do you take the tree down?
Weekend after New Years.
5. Do you like eggnog?
The Flavour, yes. The drink, no.
6. Favorite gift received as a child?
My little Pony stable.
7. Hardest person to buy for?
My father. He is so hard to buy for. He always has something to say about presents he receives.
8. Easiest person to buy for?
The kids, that's obvious. Other than that D because she wants so much. Unfortunately I'd go broke if I bought her all of the video games she desires!
9. Do you have a nativity scene?
Yes, it's a Precious Moments play set.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
Mixture.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
Can't think of one. I would never tell someone I didn't like a gift - I'd just return it at Walmart (they'll take back anything).
12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
One Magic Christmas
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
Early Fall but I often do not finish until December 24th!
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
No - I return them to Walmart.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Pomegranates
16. Lights on the tree?
Lots and Multi-Coloured
17. Favorite Christmas song?
Do they know it's Christmas?
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
Stay at Home. I don't think my Father would ever forgive me if I missed Christmas.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's?
No.
20. Angel on the tree top or a star?
Star.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
Christmas Night. D and I run around during the day and save our presents for when we get home.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year?
How busy the malls are.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color?
Our tree is multi-coloured. We do not have a theme. Pretty much anything that sparkles.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner?
Turkey and stuffing.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? A BFP since that will be about when I'm able to test!
No comments:
Post a Comment