1) Work Holiday Party - Our work party was on Friday night and up until Thursday I hadn't planned on going. That was until I was at my friends desk when her manager came up and gave me a ticket and begged me to join them. I figured there was no harm in going and in the end I'm glad I went! Our work parties have normally been held in nightclubs where dinner was a set of food stations and you would wander around mingling with your coworkers. Not so much fun in my opinion especially when you are trapped in a dark nightclub with loud music. This year they did a sit down formal dinner. It was pretty much the same as any wedding reception that I've been too. The food was beyond amazing including the Tiramisu in a chocolate shell dessert. OMG, amazing. The DJ was good and everyone had a really great time. They had a great midnight buffet that included several large jars of candy. Watching your coworkers and directors get sloshed is a lot of fun. Normally I do not stay for the entire event but this year it was worth it.
2) New York City - When we had originally booked our mini-vacation to NYC we had decided we would not be seeing any shows. Of course this was never going to happen but we said it anyway. Afterall, we've been to NYC over a dozen times and we always see shows. This time we were going to see the Christmas lights. YEAH RIGHT. We're totally going to see the lights and windows but the shows crept in slowly. First we decided that we had to see the Rockettes at Radio City. We booked an early show on the day we're set to drive home. Crazy? Totally. Next up I searched to see if there were any Spring Awakening on stage tickets available. There were. I begged D but she said no because she doesn't want to see the show again (we've seen it 3x). That led to arguing that there really weren't any shows we wanted to see except for Equus (aka Harry Potter's play). Next thing you know we have tickets to Equus. But that is on our first night so it's OK because we'll still have the complete next day to see lights and display.
Ha!
That was until this morning when I logged onto Facebook and got a discount code for Fuerzabruta. $39 tickets - you can't beat that and I've been wanting to see this show desperately since it opened. We've actually been to NYC twice since then but it didn't fit into our schedule. Also, D was so traumatized by De La Guarda (same creators as Fuerzabruta) that she pretty much told me she'd never see it. You'd think after 10 years she'd get over it but as far as I'm concerned if you walk out of a show shaking and are still deeply affected by it several years later it must be good show. De La Guarda was one of the best experiences of my life. I booked 10 pm tickets so that we'd have plenty of time for dinner and sightseeing before the show.
So we went from seeing "no Broadway shows" to seeing Fuerzabruta, Equus and the Rockettes. This is going to be an exhilarating trip!
3) AF - TMI ahead. I woke up yesterday morning and thought I had AF. I even called the clinic and scheduled my Day 3 u/s and b/w. However as the day went on it appeared that it wasn't AF. I have a small cut that was bleeding. I honestly have no idea where this cut came from! I was so embarrassed calling the clinic back to cancel my appointment. I said it was just "spotting". I didn't want to get into the details of my apparently bleeding wound. Hopefully AF shows soon. I was so excited because I need AF to be early this month so we can fit our December try in before the clinic closes for 2 weeks. FX it comes soon!!
4) Twilight - D and I went to see Twilight yesterday afternoon. We both expected it would be awful but to be honest, we really enjoyed it. It's total cheese but if you've read the books you shouldn't be surprised. I know some people are complaining that Kristen Stewart as Bella was "annoying". I agree but I think that is because Bella is annoying so Kristen played the part perfectly. D wants to go again. I think I'll pass but we will buy this on Blu-Ray when it is released.
Here is video of Fuerzabruta. It looks AWESOME. I cant' wait!!
No comments:
Post a Comment