In the last couple of days BIL has decided he has forgiven us. In fact, he even wanted to come into the city today to hang out with the kids. That didn't happen because we were out late at a concert and didn't return his calls but it sounds like he'll try again tomorrow.
I find it funny that it took all of 1 week for him to get over being angry with us. I'm assuming it's partially because Child Services has not called yet. I spoke to them on Thursday afternoon and they seemed really relaxed about the situation. The call was to ask if "there was still an issue". Clearly this was a check-in point to mark the item actioned within one week. I said that my SIL was still trying to give the kids away and that everyone she's asked has said no. This info comes from my MIL who said she'd heard that SIL had asked her family (in another province) if they'd take the kids. I'm mostly concerned that my BIL said that SIL wanted to make a decision by the beginning of September - that's SOON. We'll have to see what BIL says tomorrow. I don't think I'm ready to talk to him but if he's willing to bring the kids in I'll put up with him so we can spend time with them. Although I'm not surprised he folded so fast, I admit I was worried I wasn't going to see the kids for a year!
I spoke to my mom this morning and she's up to her usual stuff. DW and I want her to move in with us when we have our LO. She's currently living in a secluded town 10 hours away and we think it's best we get her down here sooner rather than later. She's only turning 55 but we know that within the next 10 years it will be an issue having her far away. The only thing now is getting her to sell her house and move down. She's somewhat hard to deal with and doesn't really think things through. She has a bunch of birds right now that she has acquired in the last year. I'm not sure the exact number but I'm guessing around 20. I doubt she'll have them when she moves down because this is just one of her many obsessions that she'll get over. Since right now she's pretty much "the crazy bird lady" I'm hoping this obsession dies out soon!
Anyway.. when we got back from our trip in May we found out that our TV was broken. We decided to buy a new one right away because we had a car and it would be easy to go and pick it up. It ended up that D's AMEX was declined due to fraud when we went to pay. Apparently buying gas in West Virginia in the morning and a TV in Toronto at night is "suspicious". Thankfully my mom was with us and she offered to put it on her card. Afterward we had a discussion about paying her back and she said "not to worry" because it was coming from her inheritance money from my grandfather. I was pleased with that and I don't want to sound rude or anything but none of the grandkids were left ANYTHING when my grandfather passed away this past fall and I was kind of annoyed that my mother all of a sudden had a bunch of money while D and I were going through TTC and didn't offer a penny. I digress. She offered to PAY and we were grateful. The last thing we needed was a broken TV, broken computer (our computer had been DEAD for 2 months at that point) and our mounting TTC bills (damn sperm). So now my mother has asked for the money back twice! The first time was when she decided she wanted to buy a new car. I snapped at her and said that we'd pay her back but if she needed $900 to buy the car (to pay for the first 3 months) than she couldn't afford it. She backed off and again said it was a "gift". Now today she's done it again. We asked her to cat sit when we go away and she said that since we were going on vacation "we must have money to pay her back" and she asked again for the money because her property tax was going to be about $900. She also added that she could use the $900 to help fix up the house for selling. Once she opened that can of worms I decided to ask about the money she has from my grandfather. She basically said she was saving it.
D and I have decided we're paying her back. We're going to pay $100 per month since we don't have a spare $900 to drop like that since we're going on vacation. It does look bad because we ARE always going on vacation but that is our priority. That's how we spend our money and that is how we've been dealing with TTC. If my mother had said she wanted the money back to begin with we would have paid it back already.
Annoying!!
showlive影音視訊聊天網
ReplyDeletelive173影音live秀 免費視訊
live秀live173影音視訊live秀-全台
live173影音live秀 每日限量特
live173 視訊美女
momo520影音視訊聊天室
live173視訊影音live秀
live173影音視訊live秀
live173影音live秀-免費視訊
live173影音live秀