We decided to mix it up a bit on Day 3 and went to Blizzard Beach. We accidentally slept through our early breakfast reservation at 1900 Park Fare (Marry Poppins) which we decided wasn’t a big deal. It made up for the fact that we’d used 2 table service credits the day before.
We love Disney water parks. We started the morning off in the children’s area that was a small splash area with slides. Sadie had a pretty good time but it was hard being at both the top of the slide and the bottom. There was a lot of coordination involved that wasn’t a lot of fun so we moved on to the wave pool. Overall I wasn’t very impressed by the toddler area but I’ve heard that the big kid’s area is a lot of fun and we can’t wait to try that out in the future.
At Blizzard Beach the wave pool is very calm. We played with a tube and swam in the pool for a while before Sadie started asking to get out. I’m not sure if she disliked the moving motion of the waves or if she was just being impatient. She probably wanted to go back to the slides but I can handle only so much of that before I want to have fun too.
We decided to try the Lazy River which turned out to be the biggest hit of the day. They had tubes without a hole that Sadie was able to sit in on her own and ride beside us. She LOVED it. The river was huge and we rode it twice which I’m pretty sure took close to an hour. At the end of our last trip around Sadie was done and when Sadie is done she let’s you know. Her announcement was to jump out of her tube, it was pretty scary. She dropped right to the bottom and was swept away by the current. I had to chase after her and grab her by her hat to pull her back to the surface. Luckily she held her breath but she was scared out of her mind. Lesson learned? I hope so. When Momma says to stay in your tube you don’t jump out! There were tears and hugs and we figured it was time to go!
We returned to the resort, ate lunch, and had a nice long NAP. We needed one after our adventures that morning!
In the late afternoon we made our way over to Downtown Disney but not before stopping at the playground at POP. Funny, I had never noticed it before? Sadie played for a while and then we were off again.

We had planned on going to McDonald’s for dinner but we found out that it was no longer there! Left in a situation with a hungry toddler (she’d slept through lunch) and not so hungry Moms we had to figure out a back up plan quickly. The fast food options that had replaced McDonald’s did not look appealing (not that I love Sadie eating McD’s either) so we decided to check out the menu at T Rex.
T Rex is essentially Rainforest Café except with a dinosaur theme. I had wanted to eat there because it was still under construction the last time we were in Florida and I had been curious to see it.
We ended up ordering a large appetizer plate ($17) and drinks. We opted out of a kids meal and figured we weren’t that hungry and could easily split the food. We were amazed by the portion we were given. It was HUGE and we were barely able to finish. The food was also so good that we had planned to return a second time. I was pretty surprised since I’m not a fan of Rainforest at all.

Sadie wasn’t afraid of the Dinosaurs or the meteor shower. I love have easy going our kid is!

After dinner we attempted to look through the stores but Sadie was pretty adamant against it. Our kid may love rides and scary dinosaurs but she does not love shopping.

We rushed our way through and ended up at the fountain where we’ve often seen kids splashing around. We settled in and Sadie played. She was having so much fun we stayed there for quite a long time!



I’d hoped that we could have done more but with a wet, tired toddler it was time to head back to the resort. Another long day (7:00pm!) and still holding up and having lots of fun!
But first.... We stopped by Walmart. I'm actually not sure why after all of these months but if you see Sadie on "People of Walmart" you'll know why!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
No joke... there is a T-Rex five minutes from my house. You guys should come to dinner!
ReplyDeleteYou are such a hardcore Disney family! I love how much you love this.
ReplyDelete