Last night wasn't THAT bad!
Sadie went to sleep (easily) in her own bed and even chose to
sleep there herself (she has been napping there since November).
After a good 4ish hours she woke up at midnight screaming and crying. This is about her normal "middle of the night" waking just without the crying and most recently with not wanting to go back to sleep.
I waited in my bed. I was wondering is she'd come across the hall to see me but when she started screaming "Momma, Momma" I went to her. I told her that Momma was in the big bed in the next room and if she needed me she could come and see me whenever she wanted.
With a sippy cup of Milk and a snuggle SHE WENT BACK TO SLEEP IN HER OWN BED!!!
About another 4ish hours later I woke up holding Sadie. I have no idea when she got into bed with me but she did!!! What a sweetheart! I debated going back to sleep but decided she should wake up in her own bed. I struggled to get up holding her and NOT wake her up but it didn't work. I moved her back into her room just as the dishwasher was kicking into high gear.
CRAPTASTIC. Yes, I now regret being cheap and not buying the whisper quiet one but we run it at night and with closed doors you can't normally hear it. We're in a ranch style house so, yes, on the same floor as the kitchen. Then my mom had a shower which we could also hear because the fan in her bathroom sounds like an airplane. Thankfully that is being replaced as part of our upcoming renos!
So I was up for the day at 4:15 AM. That sucks but overall not a bad second start to the transition.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
This is actually and incredibly GOOD transition! (Sorry about the 4am wakeup tho!) Good luck tonight :)
ReplyDeleteSounds like a great first night. It can only get even better from here! Just keep being consistent.
ReplyDelete