Thursday, January 19, 2012

Thankful

Last night I was *so* upset because I realized I had lost Sadie's new bathing suit after her swimming lesson on Tuesday. I know that this is really silly (even to blog about) but when it comes to Sadie's stuff it's more than just "stuff". It was HER bathing suit, it was a favourite souvenier from WDW and I'm honestly not sure what happened to it.
Did I drop it on the way from the shower to the change area? Did I throw it out with the diaper? I don't know. It simply didn't make it home and it didn't make it to lost and found. I'm trying to blame myself (throwing it away) because it makes me sad to think that someone would pick it up (gross, right?) and keep it. It also makes me angry to think we'll run into a kid wearing it.
The good news is that I was lifted up by some great friends who understood my disapointment as silly as it was. Friends that searched for a new one online and one who is giving Sadie a Minnie Mouse bathing suit her daughter has outgrown. How great is that?
It feels good. Really good. I think it actually feels better than if we had found the bathing suit at Lost and Found.






LOST: If found, please return to disorganized mom who regrets not being more careful.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. Ugh, that's lousy.

    That said, I've found I'm less attached to stuff with kids around. And dogs. So many things get ruined in our house so I've learned that stuff is just not important. Maybe you'll feel that way with time. It's hard when it's something you got on a memorable trip but hopefully with other stuff...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I'm apparently super sentimental. But really, we saw this suit on a kid and LOVED it so we looked in all the gift shops and were very excited to have found it at Typhoon Lagoon. She was too small then so we saved it... only to lose it.

    ReplyDelete