....that Sadie is talking.
She's had a surge of words over the last couple of weeks and is talking way more than even the day she was last assessed. At that appointment I had mentioned that she was starting to chatter a lot of nonsense and was told that was a good sign. Within that very week she changed.
She can now say 2 word sentences. Mostly "No, Mine!" and "I do". When I ask her something she will acknowledge me by saying "Ohhh-kay" or "Kay". She surprises us daily with the things that she says and does. Last Tuesday D asked her what she had done that day. Her response (correct answer with appropriate arm and leg motions) was "I swim", and "I kick". Awesome!
So she's behind, there's not doubt about that, but she's made progress on her own. It's pretty amazing to witness it.
Update: I spoke to my mom and we are going to send her to ALL of the "Parent Education" sessions. D and I are now in the process of negotiating the half-day work from home/personal time hours to accomplish this. It is going to work out that we both have one half-day per month for the next two months and then I will have one additional in April. I'm somewhat disappointed that I'm not going to be getting to participate in these sessions but to ask for 12+ hours (when adding in commuting) is a bit extreme and we have our vacation fully planned (with only a few floating vacation days). The schedule for this program is a bit crazy in my opinion. It isn't even well suited for stay at home parents because who will watch their children?
Sent from my iPhone
Our daughter is about 6 mos older than Sadie and probably didn't start talking a lot until about her age. We were worried and even started a Communications Therapist but now she's a chatter box and completely up to speed.
ReplyDeleteBtw, she's darling!
perhaps going for the assessment was just the jump start she needed! sounds like she is doing things in her own time - not a bad thing.
ReplyDelete