Thursday, January 26, 2012

Eeek! Finally!

We have our first half-sib match on the DSR! A baby girl that is less than a month old. I let my membership slide so I'm not contacting them yet.....

This is SUPER exciting!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

7 comments:

  1. That's great! Do you think you'll contact them soon?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure. They haven't contacted me yet but they seem pretty eager to get on the registry. The last post was someone seeking a vial so I was pretty annoyed after paying the membership fee just to contact them. I think I may wait it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's exciting. For us we have a free yahoo and facebook group so folks on the DSR just send the people that way. I've never paid for a membership yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm thinking I may ask around for someone to contact the member for me. I'm annoyed that I've paid $50-$75 3x for yearly memberships and now they offer a "lifetime" membership and it is $175. Last time I signed up the person got back to me saying they were trying to sell a vial so it was a big waste of time and money. ):

    ReplyDelete
  5. My membership is inactive right now too, otherwise I'd offer to contact them for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. No problem Shannon. I know that last time I put out the request a bunch of people had active memeberships. Also, I know this is sneaky of me to suggest but I wonder if anyone would like to go in on a share system with a "lifetime" membership. It seems like most people connect on the DSR but quickly move any communication offline to another forum like FB or yahoo. If all you need to do is make contact and forward info, why not?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very exciting! We don't have any matches so far, which makes me wonder if we ever will. I guess time will tell. I think we signed up for the lifetime membership so if there's some way we can help you let us know. :)

    ReplyDelete