This has been a long day!
Part 3 is the story of how I went to L&D after work and how I now know what Braxton Hicks feel like!
The short version of the story is that around 2:00 pm I started to feel yucky. Hot flashes, shortness of breath and a lot of pressure down low. I waddled around complaining for about an hour before I started to get worried because I hadn't felt Sadie move since what I thought was the morning. For the next hour I tried everything to get her kicking. Drinking water, poking, more poking, resting my arms on my belly and nothing would get her to even budge. D and I decided that it wouldn't hurt to go into L&D for an NST and that's exactly what we did. It only took about an hour and it really reassured us. The "yuckiness" was Braxton Hicks which were coming every 5 minutes. I'd never had them before so I had no idea that's what they'd feel like. As far as Sadie not moving, she scored 10/10 on the BPP scan they performed and the NST was fine. I simply wasn't feeling her between the BH contractions. Also, she's flipped. She's still head down but her bum is now on the right with her legs to my left. That is part of the reason I couldn't get her to move. I was poking in the wrong places and I was expecting to feel her kicks on the opposite side. Very strange!!!
December 9th.... a fun day!
Glad the day turned out great and that you received reassurrance about the baby. In the end they don't move as much (less space) so sometimes you have those scary moments!!! Braxton Hicks can be yucky for sure. So close now!!!
ReplyDeleteWow, that's a lot of unexpected excitement! Glad you were reassured that everything is okay.
ReplyDelete