Thursday, December 3, 2009

December 3rd

I woke up to a good dose of morning sickness this morning. It’s funny how much the 3rd trimester is like the 1st. Of course one of the big differences is that in the 1st your baby isn’t kicking you in the gut as well!!! Thankfully I was able to pull myself together and get to work where at 9:00 am I thought I was going to fall asleep at my desk. D said I should have called in sick and I think I agree.
As of tomorrow I have 8 more days at work (+3 “work from home”) and then I’m free!! I know that my manager would rather I take leave early however I’m sticking to my original plan. The bad news is there isn’t any work for me since all of the new projects are for 2010 and we implement a system freeze (no application changes) in early December. Soooo I’m pretty much at work taking up space and trying to look busy even though everyone knows I’m not. It sucks.
What I should be doing is reading instruction manuals so I can figure out some of the new gadgets we have. I spent some time playing with our new camera and I love it so much! It was easy enough to pick up and start using without even opening a manual. That’s what I like! I’m going to post some pictures tonight when I’m at home. What I really need to figure out is our car seat! I bought the last one in the store (BRU) and I’m wondering if the box had already been opened. I say this because I can’t find an instruction manual and for the life of me I cannot figure out how to get the seat off of its base! For now it’s sitting in the trunk of my car because it is just too heavy with the base to carry up from our parking garage (2 flights of stairs). There is a tag that has instructions but I thought there would manual, wouldn’t there be? I think I need to call the store. In the meantime, I have the Peg Perego Primo Viaggio SIP - does anyone know how to release this from the base? It can’t be rocket science!! Isn’t its portability sort of the point of having the bucket so you can take it with you?
I have a feeling we’re going to be in trouble if we can’t figure out all of this gear ASAP. (; I'm supposed to be the technical one and I'm LOST.

6 comments:

  1. hey! here is a link to the manual:

    http://www.elitecarseats.com/assets/product_files/instructions/Peg-Perego/PrimoViaggioSIP.pdf

    good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to suggest going online and finding the manual, but I was slow! I am jealous about your work schedule...I am working up until the day I pop, so I am tired and uncomfortable at my desk and basically spend the day watching the clock! December is going to be a long month! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen - I know this is totally one of those times when people should say "GOOGLE" to me. I actually made a lame attempt on my own but only found car seat sales info. I guess I'm not on my game!! I'm normally the google queen!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If it's a peg then the release is at the back of it and the manual would be under the seat or attached to the seat somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  5. these last few days of work will fly in hind sight :] hope you figure out the car seat. ours just has a handle you lift at the back.

    ReplyDelete