Saturday, December 5, 2009

December 5th

Thank you to those who helped with the info on our car seat. There is good news and bad news. The good news is that D was able to release the seat from its base in about 3 seconds, looked at me and laughed. She did EXACTLY what I had been doing!! The bad news is that even with the PDF instruction manual, the actual instruction manual and direction from D I'm not able to. My hands are not strong enough!!! I wonder how long it is going to take for my hands to go back to normal after Sadie is here? I'm not sure if I've ever mentioned that I have pregnancy induced Carpal Tunnel. It isn't really a bother other than at night when I wear a brace however my knuckles are messed up really badly. They pop, crack and hurt when I bend them. Apparently this has made my hands weak! Yikes. Hopefully by the time I need to take the car seat out of the car I'll be able to!
Two other thoughts on the car seat:
1) I appreciate the convenience of the manual being stored on the base but it would be much easier if you could extract it from its holder while the car seat was still attached - just in case you need to read it to figure out how to get the car seat off its base!!!!
2) I was going to try and install the seat myself and then have it inspected but I'm throughly exhausted by it now and scared off by the instructions that mention suffocation if I do it wrong. For $40 we've opted to have it professionally installed and I'm OK with that!!

NOTE: While writing this I remembered that I hadn't called the store to schedule the pick up of our crib (which we wanted to do on Tuesday and requires 24 hour notice)!!! I've called now and everything is set. It's actually the same location as the car seat installation center which is what triggered that thought.... I think I need to keep blogging so I can remember these things!! What else have I forgotten??

2 comments:

  1. I have the carpal tunnel thing, too. I can't open bottles and jars. I wake up in the night and my hands are numb. Such a strange feeling. I had never heard of it being pregnancy-related until I experienced it. Ick! I hope it goes away for both of us quickly after birth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww that sucks. even without carpal tunnel, i do find the peg infant seat very tough to get out of the base. there were plenty of times where i struggled with it. that's my one complaint about it i guess.

    ReplyDelete