First, Congrats to Jen and Tiff and Heather and Laurie!!! Who's next?
Not me yet.... However I had contractions at the supermarket yesterday while finishing up shopping for Christmas dinner!
My excuse is that I've been tired and stressed out. Leaving work on my last day was harder than I'd imagined (I like work so I'm going to miss it) and then we had my parents over for Christmas dinner the very next day. That means that today is the first day in about a week that I haven't felt pressure to get a bunch of stuff done or make things perfect. DEEP BREATH. I feel so much better!!! Now if only I could SLEEP at night!! Maybe I will be able to tonight knowing that when Monday morning comes the only thing left on my check list is to have Sadie!
As for Christmas dinner, it went really well. I was so nervous because we'd never hosted my family and then my dad asked for a turkey! We pulled it off!! Dinner was excellent. Much to my brother's delight we also opened presents (before the 25th). My dad gave me a Garmin GPS. I was so surprised because I hadn't asked for one but it was what I had wanted (I was going to hold off until next year to buy one). We cut back a lot on the presents we gave this year but I think everyone was happy. My dad is the hardest person to buy for... EVER.... yet I'm pretty sure I hit a home run this year. I bought him a couple of shirts that he told me to buy (that was easy) but I also bought him 4 Colosal Black Tiger Shrimp fresh from the market that morning. They were freakin' expensive at $27/lb and came to $37 for only 4!!! I knew it was a risk but the look on his face was worth it. He was so excited and wanted to BBQ them last night!! SCORE!! My brother also really loved the gifts we gave him. I can tell he's growing up because he was most excited by a hoodie and a couple of t-shirts we bought him (skateboarding stuff). I'm actually glad we're out of the toy stores for him now. Overall it was a very good night! I'm going to miss not going home for Christmas this year but the upside is that we'll be able to relax at home for the first time and I'll also get to see the Disney Christmas parade!!
Oh and maybe I'll be giving birth too!!! Any time now!
Sounds like a great family christmas. You will LOVE your Garmin GPS. My brother bought me one about 3 years ago and it is honestly one of the best gadgets I own.
ReplyDeleteYou`re getting so close!
ReplyDeleteThe Garmin is awesome. You`ll love it. Sounds like you got the perfect gift for your dad!