Wednesday, December 16, 2009

December 16th

Exciting news happening today – but not here – check out Jen and Tiff’s blog!! I’m so excited for them and I can't wait to find out more!!

Over here..I had my last prenatal appointment with my high risk specialist today.
He has been so awesome throughout my entire pregnancy. I have one last appointment 3 weeks post partum and then I’ll be released as just a regular gal with High Blood pressure. As for the check-up, my BP was 142/78. He didn’t seem concerned at all about that reading or the previous two where my OB and his replacement were concerned. I asked about my induction and he pretty much confirmed what I had hoped not to hear (at least he is honest). He said that my BP is high but normal and is nothing to be alarmed about and that my OB wants to make sure I don’t end up in the hospital on New Years Eve with pre-e. Sounds like my doula may have been bang on saying they’d want to induce me before the holidays. You’d think that the hospital would be business as usual but if for some reason they are short staffed then I guess I am happy that I will be induced at a time when we’ll get the full attention we deserve. I tried to get a different angle on it by asking if there was any need for an earlier induction and he said he wouldn’t induce before the 28th and that he wouldn’t let me go past the 30th (EDD). So it looks like that is our fate and Sadie will be born on the 28th or 29th unless something happens sooner. In other news, the box has been opened, the pieces have been removed and the instructions have been read but our crib is still in pieces. I really need to get on this tonight!!! I was going to do this today along with packing my hospital bag and finishing the taxes but instead I was still busy with work (people are trying to get the last bit of info out of me). After my appointment I went Christmas Shopping. The good news is I’m done my shopping however the bad news is that nothing else has been accomplished – once again! Yes, you did read that right. I didn’t finish the taxes – the ones due on April 30th. They’re ready to be submit and they owe us good money. If audited I’ll just have to tell them that my BFP and pregnancy really got in the way and to consider it a loan

3 comments:

  1. Go Jen! She beat us both :)

    Sounds like there's a plan in place for Miss Sadie, but as we now see, they can sometimes make their own plan. Note to self: Pack your hospital bag tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just had to check fb to see that you weren't in labour or something. ;) Hope things are well.

    ReplyDelete