Thursday, December 10, 2009

December 10th

I'm coming in just under the wire with this entry since it's almost 11:00 pm!
We just got back from D's work dinner (spouses invited this time) where we had an excellent time. I feel like I know her co-workers so well just from the stories D tells. I've also met a number of them before so it was fun. The dinner was at a restaurant we love, Hot House. If you're ever in Toronto on a Sunday you MUST check out the brunch at Hot House. It is fantastic!! We'd never had dinner before and it was good too but seriously brunch is so good!!
Only 4 more physical days at work and 2 work from home days left! I FINALLY got around to filling out my leave of absence form and tomorrow will be about cleaning out my desk. I'm feeling a bit weird about all of this. Although I know I'm about to start mat leave it doesn't feel real. It feels like I'm going on Christmas vacation and will be back in the New Year. I think I'm really going to miss work (before Sadie gets here). I'm already feeling frantic trying to get little things done before "I'm gone". I feel like I'm racing against the clock. Yikes!! In reality I do know that my time off will go by too quickly and before I know it I won't want to be going back! Sigh.
Nothing else exciting today. I feel like I have proof that Sadie was being a trouble maker yesterday. I felt sooo stupid for going into L&D but then I realized today that there was a big difference. She moved so much today - just like normal. WTH was up with her yesterday? I have no idea. I hope she cooperates for the rest of the pregnancy because I want the next trip to L&D to be THE BIG trip (after December 19th at the earliest)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Yes, the Hot House brunch IS amazing. I used to go there for lunch but Stacey and Angele introduced us to the brunch and we were hooked!

    That's exciting that you're almost done work. I can see how it would feel like you're just leaving for Christmas vacation at this time of year! We have a December baby too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. we loooove hot house. :) only been for brunch as well but really, i think that's the best time. :)

    yay for mat leave. you'll enjoy it. of course by the end you won't want to go back but at the same time, a tiny part of you will want to a little bit, even if it's just for the money. loving mat leave but hate mat leave pay. ;)

    so excited for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are on the same schedule! My last work from home day is also Friday 12/18. Maybe Sadie will join Shanie on that 12/21 birthday? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are days when Connor moves so much and days where there is hardly nothing....I just assume those are the days when he is growing and sleeping. Who knows though... Hopefully she will give you some reassurance here and there and not have another scare. Time will be there before we know it!

    ReplyDelete