Tuesday, December 8, 2009

December 8th

GUEST BLOG by D. J is too tired to blog herself so I will be filling in.

We had a busy day today getting more things ready for the nursery. The glider is in the room and the crib is here. It's still in the box but we hope to get it together tomorrow. It's amazing how little can totally wipe J out.
Her dad's birthday is coming up soon too so when he came in with the glider, we took him out to lunch. We went to an Irish pub because he has been on an Irish kick lately.
We talked about the upcoming holidays. We are going to have her family in next week for an early Christmas. I was going to make a lasagna but somehow it ended up that I will be making a full turkey dinner. J has suggested we order it in but I don't know if I would feel comfortable about that. There are a few places in Toronto that do it but it's not cheap. It would cost anywhere from $125 to $165 so I think the best thing to do would make it myself. Plus there is nothing like walking into a home and smelling a turkey dinner.

J will b back posting tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. J is so lucky to have a devoted partner! I hope you both have a wonderful holiday, complete with happy warm turkey smells!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My secret to an easy turkey dinner, just do a breast, I put one in the crock pot overnight with a stick of butter, and it was so good, and could not have been simpler to make! Then you can focus on the side dishes you want and not stress over the turkey. Plus a breast is lots. If you buy the breast with the bones in, then it is usually cheaper, and it is easy to separate out the meat because the crock pot cooking makes it so tender, the meat comes right off the bone, and you can just cut it up on the plate, no worry about carving. And, it still makes the house smell yummy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am tempted by the crock pot turkey idea... interesting.

    ReplyDelete