Wednesday, December 2, 2009

December 2nd

I just noticed this morning that the logo on my BBC birth club has changed from a pregnant silhouette to a mother holding her baby. I guess that change took place yesterday! For the record, yes, I’m still on BBC. The birth club board (December) has been keeping me entertained and the women have all seemed to calm down since their 2nd trimester (when they were all crazy). I guess when you have childbirth to prepare for you are more level headed than when you’re just hanging out waiting for time to go by!
I'm actually starting to get a bit anxious wanting to know when Sadie will come. I keep hearing over and over that your first baby is late. With a December 30th EDD that means a January baby (which would be awesome since that is D’s birth month as well). However, I could be early and we could be looking at a Christmas baby! On that note, I’ve done the math and a December baby would require 10 months less daycare since Sadie would start Kindergarten a year earlier. Of course in the long run that would also mean we’d be sending a 13 year old to High School and a 17 year old to University. Holy Crap – I’m getting ahead of myself!!! Time to STOP!
The only thing I know for certain is that if anyone tells me to hold the baby in (while in active labour) in an effort to have the first baby born on January 1st I’m going to hit them!! D, are you reading this??? I’m not joking!!
Also, I’m not going to be trying any labour inducing methods (pineapple, spicy food, castor oil). I’m going to let nature take its course. At least that’s what I’m saying today, December 2nd. Don’t hold me to it!

6 comments:

  1. I have tried to participate in the BBC December birth board since I got pregnant, but am always so disappointed and disgusted by the behavior of those women! I've taken to just reading the birth announcements now, lol.

    I'm with you about waiting until baby is ready... no crazy induction methods here... although once I reached 37 weeks, I've found myself obsessing over him/her coming! I'm so eager to meet this little baby!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea what BBC is but I know now to avoid it when/if I get the chance to experience it.
    Glad you're keepin' it sane over there! Sadie will come when she's ready!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah - you're in the home stretch!
    I must check out those birth club boards for a giggle one of these days!
    I guess the only thing for sure is that you just don't know when. I hope it's a good one with plenty of cheer ( couldn't resist!)
    ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have a December baby (December 29th) who is almost 3 now and we've been worrying about him going to kindergarten at only 3 and college/university at only 17 since the day he was born. So you're not getting ahead of yourself, it is definitely something you'll think about a lot if you have a December baby.

    Mind you, the reduced day care costs are a perk. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. You crack me up! I was actually 13entering high school, 17 entering college and graduated with my masters at 23....and I think I turned out okay, so Sadie will be fine!!!! baby steps my love, baby steps.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our first was early, our second was late...I'm pretty sure there are no ideas as to why things happen when they do. LOL

    Yeah, just wait until you're closer and getting more anxious...Besides, I seriously doubt that stuff does much if you're not ready to go anyway. I've tried them all and nothing worked. :P Maybe acupuncture worked in the end but I don't think so.

    ReplyDelete