Friday, December 11, 2009

December 11th

Not much to say today. Blogging daily is hard when there's nothing much to say!! D and I went out for a date night tonight. Dinner without a movie since I was too tired. I would like to see The Princess & the Frog at some point but we'll have to see if that happens! Instead we went to Craft Burger which has fantastic burgers (veggie for me). They also have Birch Beer which is a real treat because it isn't common in Toronto at all. After dinner we wandered around the shops in the area. I bought my brother 2 "39 clues" books. I was so excited when my step-mom had said he wanted books only to find out they include playing cards. Darn it. I guess if gets him reading I can put up with the gimmick! I hope Sadie is a reader.
That's all for today!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure you already know this but reading to your baby from day 1 does wonders for them. I've seen it first hand with my friend's son. I also think it encourages a love for reading on their own later on in life. I suggest Padding Bear. It's English and I use to love them growing up. I just bought my niece and baby each the 50th edition which has a group of the books in the series included. I also read another book called "And Tango Makes Three" which is a cool book which is about two male penguins trying to raise a baby in the central park zoo. If I remember correctly it's based on a true story. Such a cool book about same sex families. Of course it was banned in some schools bc you know how reading a story about same sex families will automatically make every kindergarten child gay!!!!!! Anyway, happy reading.

    ReplyDelete