My number one grievance has been with the Boppy Pillow. It is not sold in Canada, at all! We do have a rip-off, but I really wanted a Boppy and when I want something... I want it. There have been many other (equally frivolous) examples of items we've really liked but cannot get here. They are mostly available online and will not ship to Canada or store to pick-up. We've even considered using a mail forwarding service to access some of these cool things but gave up on that idea because it was going to be expensive and not worth it
When we complain about this people get "high and mighty" about it saying that safety standards are different in Canada. In some cases that's true but otherwise that is not the case. Plus different doesn't mean BETTER. I'm pretty sure a PILLOW is not a dangerous item to bring into the country! In reality it is because Canada is a small market compared to the US and investing in shipment and distribution here is not always profitable. Why do people always get so pissy when we say we love the states or are envious of things we can't have? Deal with it!!
Anyway....
D's mom came to the rescue and bought us our Boppy pillow when she was in the states this weekend. We haven't seen it yet but we asked for the Dwell Studio version sold at Target and she said she "didn't get the one that was on sale". I know this probably ate her up but since the regular Boppy is a lot cheaper, I'm pretty certain we got the one we wanted!
She also bought us the bookcase we wanted, as seen below. I've been wanting this bookcase for years!!


I'm very happy. Both items were available in store at Target. We could have gone down ourselves but time has been flying by and it just hasn't happened yet. This seems impossible but I'm pretty sure we will not leave Canada (or even the province) at all this year! Crazy!!
PS - The 3:00 am chat room could have been open this morning!!! It's now 4:30 and I'm heading back to bed.
the bookcase is so cute! nice of your ma to pick up the contraband while in the states ;)
ReplyDeletesorry to hear you had another restless night -- sooo not fun.
If there is anything you'd like from the states, all you have to do is ask! I would be happy to pick up whatever you'd like and ship it your way :)
ReplyDeleteI'm not sure if it's this easy but if you ever want anything from the states and you can figure out the shipping, etc, you can send the funds via paypal and I'll pick it up and ship it to you. That has to suck though not being able to have access to it in the stores. Will Amazon ship to Canada?
ReplyDeleteThank you Laurie and Lisa for your offers to help! Now that I have my Boppy Pillow I feel like I am at peace... I'm honestly not sure why I was so torn up about that one!!
ReplyDeleteLisa - Amazon ships to Canada for Books/DVD/Music and an odd assortment of other goods but not the awesome baby stuff. Amazon is awesome. I so wish we had access to its full inventory!!!
yeah sometimes it's a bummer.
ReplyDeletewe have a different locally made pillow that works great. i think for breastfeeding it's better for bigger women or something. i thought they had the boppy at toys r us though.