The funny thing is that people were constantly asking me how I was sleeping. I never understood the question. I'm pregnant, exhausted and I love sleeping. Duh. I guess I'm eating that attitude now because every single night is turning into a battle. The heartburn and related nausea I'm suffering is unbearable. When I asked my OB about it he told me to try Maalox or Gaviscon. He said Tums would not longer work. No shit.
It doesn't seem like Gaviscon is working either.
I'm also so alert. Before I'd shuffle to the bathroom, pee, and return to bed in a fog. Now I see the time (it's ONLY 12:00 am? WTF?) and want to cry. I feel like I'm ready to get up and start my day on the hour, every hour, all night long and morning NEVER comes fast enough. Last night I got up and started watching Tivo'd shows at 2:30 am and surprisingly functioned normally at work.
I guess this is natures way of preparing my body to deal with Sadie once she's here?
I was thinking about that last night. Will this ability to function on no sleep last? Will it be the same as now except with a crying baby? No nausea, heartburn or sore parts? I hope so???? Maybe it will be even better and I'll get some sleep? Eventually?
I was thinking about that last night. Will this ability to function on no sleep last? Will it be the same as now except with a crying baby? No nausea, heartburn or sore parts? I hope so???? Maybe it will be even better and I'll get some sleep? Eventually?
Although I'm NOT sleeping and night time sucks I don't think I'm complaining, yet. My IRL friend is currently 36 weeks pregnant and she's wanted the baby out for a couple of weeks. Every time I read her facebook status complaining about "still being pregnant' I tell Sadie she is welcome to stay in for the full 10 weeks left. No pressure to vacate. I guess I'm judging her (just a tad) but I can't understand wanting a baby to come before 37 weeks????
I digress.
Can't sleep. I'm not really complaining about it because I feel like a super human but I could really deal without the freakin' heartburn!!!!
we should start a middle-of-the-night chat room! i was up at 3:30a.m. flipping between reruns of rosanne and episodes of "platinum weddings"! (shameful, i know!) i cant even remember what it was like to sleep soundly through the night...
ReplyDeleteMan, do I hear you. I did start reading when I wake up rather than going online and that seems to help a bit. I get tired more quickly that way. I need to try your Maalox suggestion because I've also been popping Tums like crazy and it's not cutting it.
ReplyDeleteI am SO with you... no sleeping... heartburn... oy. I agree with An Offering of Love - lets start a middle of the night chat room!
ReplyDelete