Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Why?

... did I wait so long to leave my old Clinic?
Seriously!
I feel so good about try #8. The entire experience has been amazing... Night and Day compared to how I had been treated in the past. All of the stress and manic behavior was GONE.
In the past I have always gone into a frenzy of "missing ovulation" or "ruining a perfect try". I think I've come to accept that for the most part (I've had a couple of shiteous cycles), I respond well to Clomid and there will always be another try. That definitely happened this time because my cycle was pretty much identical to the one in December.
The new clinic is a bit vague on the phone and only provides my Estrogen and instructions for the next day (I found out follicle size and count in the morning). I liked not knowing my LH. It gave me one less thing to worry about. That said, I was curious to know if I was already surging when I was called in for my IUI on Tuesday. I found out that I had surged that morning (my LH was 33) so that means my timing was exactly what the dr. and I had discussed. I was inseminated the day before I would have been on my last cycle.
December cycle: LH 28, Injection of Ovidrel (Day of LH surge), 24 hours prior to IUI.
March cycle: LH 33, Injection of Ovidrel (Day before LH surge), 19 hours prior to IUI.
I feel really good about this timing. This was what I had wanted in December and it is exactly how we planned this cycle. I'm blown away by it all.
As for my IUI, I had a bit of a surprise. Dr. P really was MIA. My IUI was done at my OLD clinic by one of their doctors!! At first I was worried (specfically about running into Nurse Ratched) but then I found out which doctor and was OK with it.
Aside from the cycle being short and near perfect the IUI really summed up the experience. I met my nurse on our floor and she took me upstairs for the procedure. I was happy to see that I didn't have to sit in the main seating area because I really was avoiding Nurse R. No such luck. I saw her and she scowled at me. D (who was not there) said she doubted she was scowling directly at me. I agree. Someone else probably asked her a question. Seeing her ugly face made me realize that she is a miserable bitch and I really shouldn't have put up with her as long as I had.
I digress.
The IUI went very well. This specific doctor has her own procedure room. The room was very relaxing with meditation music and dimmed lights. I was able to warm up the sperm in my hand which I thought was really special (and a first). The nurse told me that it helps for the sperm to be "nice and warm" and that body heat is the best way to warm up the sample. Interesting point. In the past I'm certain there have been times when the sperm was still semi-frozen because of how cold it felt going in. Anyway.... I was also able to see the sperm under the microscope (only second time).
MAJOR points for the Doctor. She asked if she'd met me before. When I said "yes" she asked if she'd done my sono. YES! She had. In April 2007!! Talk about a good memory. Crazy, huh? I was so impressed! She is the doctor I wish I'd had at my clinic.
I digress, again.
My nurse stayed in the room for my IUI and held my arm! My heart mealted. She was so nice to me!
After the procedure was done the Dr. told me to rub her fertility goddess. I took a picture because I thought it was pretty cool and wanted to show D.
Hopefully all of these good things equal a BFP on March 25th!!


5 comments:

  1. wow -that sounds like such a cool experience- and a doctor with a fertility goddess and a nurse who holds your arm - can it be true?!!!
    SO glad you are having a good experience this time and so sorry you had to go through all the s.hit to get there! FX for your BFP!
    yeah!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I told you our doctor ROCKS. I seriously adore her and the procedure room is awesome. She is so warm and friendly--makes the experience wonderful. We also always got to warm up the sample--that was Angele's job. And we could always peek at it under the microscope. I'm so glad you had a good experience with her.

    We also think she's really hot. ;)

    I hope this is the one for you and I'm happy you had a good experience. Hey, she knocked us up twice so I think there is something to be said about the atmosphere of that room. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like the most amazing IUI experience ever. GL and lots of baby dust. Wow extra help from the fertility goddess has got to give you just the whammy you need for your BFP.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is known as the baby maker after all. Got us and Other-Mother preggers 2x now. If anything she works and so does her status.

    - Angele

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was a really good experience! I can't believe how horrible I was treated before. D said it best the other day when she said it feels like we "finally have a doctor" and "before it felt like being at a walk-in clinic"!!
    Clinics can be busy and still function with compassion.

    ReplyDelete