Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Um... Puke

Morning sickness sucks.
Morning sickness without being pregnant sucks a lot!!!!!
Last time I triggered I didn't have any symptoms. This time.... sick stomach. I've been up since 4:00 am and I'm partially panicking about the fact that I need to go to the clinic again this morning. I am soooo tired. I feel like I can't do this.
I finally gave up on sleeping even though I'm exhausted and I'm watching a Tivo'd episode of Degrassi the Next Generation. At 5:00 am.
I think I'm going to call in sick.
I do not like having an upset stomach. I know that sounds stupid because who does? I'm saying I really do not like it to the point of an upset stomach turning into a bad panic attack. I've found that in the last year every episode of feeling sick has turned into me throwing up and having a panic attack about being pregnant. As soon as I feel better I want to be pregnant again yet while I'm sick I don't want it at all. My nerves are shot. This is happening way more than I'd like to admit.
I am terrified of morning sickness (the real deal). I keep telling myself there are meds you can take to make it better but I'm still worried. I am not going to be one of those brave ladies who say "they love every minute of it" because they are "just happy to be pregnant". I'm probably going to get a BFP and then start a 9 month panic attack. Not because this isn't what I want but because that's how I am. I've hid this until now because I do not want anyone to think I do not want to be pregnant or that I'm ungrateful. When I got my BFP in July that is what happened. I didn't have feelings of joy or happiness. I had feelings of complete terror and regret. It's a very confusing feeling to know that you want something so badly but your body betrays you with feelings like this.

5 comments:

  1. Try eating small snacks--that can help with morning sickness. Or sour candies.

    I think it's natural to think like that. As happy as you can be, it's a life changing event.

    I hope this is the one for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How was your IUI with our hot doctor?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also think about the fact that not everyone has morning sickness. See if you can find out what your mom's pregnancies were like. That should give you an idea of what you were in for.

    I hope you feel better and that you have an easy time of it when you get your BFP.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know just what you mean! i have a veritable phobia about being sick. It has gotten a little better as I got older, but I can work myself into a frenzy thinking about it. And I was deathly scared of morning sickness too. I figured I would learn from my twin sister who ate non stop when she was preggers and that seemed to help her.
    Now that I don't think I am going to be pregnant the one thing that is a little relieving to me is that I don't have to put myself through that. I also worry about taking care of a little one that is puking - will I be able to do it? I am sure if it's my kid I will be able to handle it -but it is a worry that gets the better of me in the darkest nights esp if I can't sleep or don't feel well. I might try hypnosis - it just came to me - might sound hokey but maybe someone can suggestibly teach you to not fear puking:)??
    HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tireegal -I'm glad I'm not alone in feeling this way... I think I make myself sick worrying about being sick!

    KM - My mom said she had no issue with morning sickness. She swore by a tea in the morning.

    Stacey - I ended up snacking on crackers and by mid-morning I was feeling so much better. More on hot doctor shortly...

    ReplyDelete