Monday, March 9, 2009

Day 13 - Update

I'm so exhausted and so lazy with blogging lately.
We're just so busy and this was an especially insane weekend. We had so many things planned plus we had to go to the clinic Friday/Saturday/Sunday and Monday. Thankfully, tomorrow is our insemination. Getting up early on a regular day is one thing but getting up early when the time changes is just.... horrible.
Things at the new clinic have been OK. We haven't seen Dr. P since Day 3. I have a very vague recollection of her telling us she'd be on vacation in March. That must be the case because another doctor has been reviewing our files.
I'm not entirely pleased with this because I think they've waited too long once again to trigger me. I feel like if Dr. P was there, knowing my history, she would have done it differently. Anyway, I was called this afternoon and told my insemination would be tomorrow and that I should see the nurse for my HSG shot in the morning (5 hours before IUI)!! I'm not sure what my LH is right now (if I'm surging or not) because they haven't been telling me. I do know that my estrogen is high and my follicles are 1.9 and 2.2. Thankfully I was being my skeptical self this weekend and picked up my Ovidrel. I e-mailed the nurse and she promptly replied telling me I could use it on my own. Have I mentioned "Thankfully"? I took it at 5:00 pm (19 hours before IUI).
I'm feeling OK about this. I'm positive I ovulate quickly so I'm ok that my IUI is before 24-36 hours. I would NOT have been ok if it had been 5 hours after the trigger. The concept of doing the insemination 36 hours post LH surge has not worked so maybe this will be of some use. I'm hoping that the Clomid, Metformin, Ovidrel and ultrasound guided IUI will help. According to the clinic's website, they have 50% higher IUI success rate and claim that the guided ultrasound allows the sperm to be released with greater precision.
We'll see what happens!
BFP?
BFP?

3 comments:

  1. good luck!!

    thank heavens for the at-home ovidrel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks...!

    And I know...thank heavens!! Finally being a control freak pays off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Luck I hope everything went well!!

    ReplyDelete