Dr. P seemed a bit surprised to see me at an appointment discussing future options when this cycle is not yet over. I'm not sure how else we'd do it? There is little to no time between a negative Beta and day 1. Next thing I know I'll be in the middle of a next cycle and I'm sick of fucking around with this (pardon my language).
Anyway, I promised I'd go in tomorrow for my beta. I'll also be going in for my training session for Puregon. Originally we had planned to do a month of Letrozole because my insurance does not kick in until April 1st which means I'll be missing coverage by just a few days. When we found out the first purchase would only be $335 we decided to pay for it out of pocket. I pretty much told Dr. P that I'm ready to try anything and everything and that I'm sick of being patient. I also believe that my past lollygagging (which I believe to be the most accurate word for it) was because I've found it easier to not get pregnant because I haven't tried over having failed. I've already felt that urge to "skip next month" but I need to keep going. I'm never going to get pregnant if I allow myself to follow this pattern of trying every 2-3 months just because I find it comforting.
On a side note.. I watched the documentary "Biodad" as recommended by Queerstork. They have a scene in it where an IVF retrieval is being performed on a patient who is knocked out completely. I panicked at this. I didn't think IVF would require anesthesia. Well apparently it doesn't. Normally you are given something to calm you down (like Valium) and a pain killer. Dr. P had seen the documentary and said she was surprised when she saw that! I was happy to hear that because all of a sudden IVF sounded very intimidating.
At our clinic you can choose GA if you wish (I don't!) and they said it's required if you have over 30 follicles (rare).
ReplyDeletei think it's great you are being agressive with the new doc/plan! going in for a consult prior to cd1 seems totally reasonable to me!
ReplyDeletei was asleep for my ER and it was great! kinda wish i could have been asleep for the ET too!
I feel like I need to be more informed about IVF so I can make a better decision. The drugs and procedures seem to be getting more and more intimidating. Maybe that's because they are getting closer to being a reality????
ReplyDeleteI was really looking forward to the ER for the good drugs!!!
ReplyDeleteIVF may seem daunting -but as many who read this blog and from BBC can attest - if you take it one step at a time and give yourself time to adjust to the meds etc and don't panic it is really doable.Says she who did not get past the subcutaneous injections - but I know others who got further would say the same. You can do it -but I hope you don't have to.
Good for being assertive too!
yeah, I could actually use some Valium right about now. I wonder if they'll give it to me without the ER?
ReplyDeleteI'm sure that when I get around to it that I'll be able to do it. The puregon was easy so I'm not as scared. I'll have at least some practice giving myself needles.