It's been a month and a half since we "went on break" and I'm done with it and ready to start trying again but now D has complicated things further by asking me to go back to school in January. I have approval from work (it's only 2 days per week) but it is a huge time commitment since the school is not in Toronto. I asked her when she expects me to make her baby in all of this and she says we'll do both. I want to go back to school and it's something I've wanted to do for 10 years but right now I'd rather get knocked up. When talking life goals I'm pretty sure I'm ranking having a baby higher.
As timing goes our first month back will be November. It's too late this month and next month we'll be on vacation. We've decided we are going to do this "the old fashioned way". When I suggested this to D she looked at me like I was nuts! What I meant was that I'm not going to medicate or monitor or even use OPK. I have 9 months of monitoring behind me and although the last 2 have been wonky I've still ovulated between day 15 and 20 with no exceptions. Normally either 15 or 20. Since we're using fresh we'll inseminate on day 14 & 19 (at night) and if we have the opportunity of any other time we'll go for it. I'd like to try day 15 & 20 as well. I still have the clinic on backup but my RE wants me to go on 150 mg of Clomid and I do not want multiples!!! We know this sperm works too well so I'm hoping that my bad luck in the past has been poor timing and frozen sperm issues.
Anyway, we need to rent a zipcar and do a trial run to see how long it takes to drive to Hamilton and back. At first we thought we'd rent from Hertz but it's so much easier to grab a zipcar. The only downside is that 4 hours costs the same as 24 hours at Hertz however zipcar includes Gas and if we're not using the car longer than 4 hours what's the point of keeping it parked in our garage or paying for gas and parking to drive it to work? This is the same old story and reason we do not own a car! I know once we have the baby we'll need one but until then we're enjoying the freedom. BTW, I do understand the irony in this statement to most people but not owning a car does have it's freedoms and renting a car when needed is a great alternative and fun because you get to drive a variety of cars.
No comments:
Post a Comment