Saturday, September 27, 2008

The Cat Came Back...



We thought he was a goner but...

Frank is home. This has honestly been the ultimate week from hell. On Wednesday morning we went back to the vet after a horrible night on Tuesday. We'd pretty much decided to put him down because we didn't think things could be worse. I even started to cry in the waiting room thinking it was our last few minutes together. The vet we saw who was the one assigned to the morning emergency appointments was a complete jerk. So much so that we asked to speak with someone else. He basically took one look at Frank and was like "That will heal on it's own, you have two choices, ONE, re-suture and be in the same place again tomorrow or TWO, just let it heal". I told him we were so upset we were thinking of putting him down and he scoffed at me and said "You don't put a cat down for THAT". Maybe if he took the time to listen or could see that my home looked like a scene from The Texas Chainsaw Massacre he'd understand why this was an emergency. On to the next Doctor. She was better but had spoken to him and I hadn't been nice to him so she had a bit of a defensiveness. She at the very least agreed to board Frank for a couple of nights to observe him. She explained that he doesn't really have Kidney Disease and doesn't know why the previous Dr. said that. She said he had a higher than normal level but that could be because he didn't drink enough water overnight (possible since he was attacking his tail all-night-long). I was so pleased that I wouldn't have to bring him home which is what the first Dr. had wanted. Thinking about it, it really was unfair to send him home with NO pain medication. His tail must have been so sore. He was in pain. He would get the sedative and pain medication he needed while boarding so this was a good thing.
At this point my day didn't get any better but at least my first problem was solved. I decided to go home and clean-up. It took over an hour with our Green Machine to clean up all of the blood on the carpet in the spare room. I left a small amount of droplets but the worst of it was over. My MIL helped by using Lysol wipes to clean the walls. It was so gross but thankfully we blocked him into one room during the height of his insanity so at least the mess was contained. Unfortunately our condo smelled badly of blood from top to bottom.
After all of this I went to work and guess what? I lost my wallet!! I was so out of it and upset that my thought and actions were not in sync. I dropped it and remember looking at it and thinking "I need to pick up my wallet" but I guess I didn't. I honestly can't remember but I'm certain that is the moment when it went missing. I guess the train came and I got on it and left my wallet sitting on the platform. Thankfully D had my passport, SIN and Birth Certificate so I've been able to replace my Health Card and Drivers License. I've also made all of the necessary phone calls to my bank, Credit report agencies and the police. I'll be checking with the TTC lost and found next week.
Great week, huh?
I'm glad my baby is back but this week has sucked. A lot..

No comments:

Post a Comment