We're totally guilty of an expanding entertainment budget and I think something has to give. Our vacation is now in jeopardy because of Frank (see below) and because we bought more tickets to New Kids on the Block.
Here's the NKOTB irony - they've played three shows in Toronto - about a 3o min walk or 10 minute subway ride from where we live yet we have seen none of those shows! The first show we saw was in Montreal because the tickets for the Toronto show went on Sale when we were on vacation in May. Since D really wanted to go I bought Montreal tickets. We thought we'd have a nice mini-trip so we didn't sell them when the other Toronto shows were announced. Fast forward to September 18th. I start looking online and see NKTOB tix are still available for that night. We talk about it and decide we're not going to go because it would ruin the excitement of going to the show in Montreal. Well.... after we saw the show in Montreal we both looked at each other and said "I wished we'd gone on Thursday". So we got home and checked a few of the closer destinations to see if tickets were available. We had the choice of Chicago, Boston, Cleveland, NYC or Detroit. Let's just say we have tickets to one of those shows!
Add to that our tickets to A Chorus Line, Legally Blonde The Musical, and two other concerts and we've spent a lot of money on entertainment. I also just saw Dirty Dancing on stage (which was awesome).
This may all sound really crazy but the fact is we've always been like this. We love to go out to shows and we love to go on vacations. We've been to New York City once or twice per year for the last 10 years. Lately though we've cut back a lot and this was because we were dedicated to TTC. I won't lie there were 2 NYC interuptions last year. It's why we didn't officially start until September and were out in October. Overall though we have calmed down so much from when we were younger. This is the first CRAZY thing D has agreed to in a long time. Oh wait, that's a lie. The second NYC trip last year was on impulse because I bought a ticket to Spring Awakening (to sit on stage) before asking if that was ok. Ok, maybe we haven't really grown up but we know we need to.
So we're going to cancel our vacation to New England. I was never really that into it. I wanted to go to NYC again. Something feels right about breaking up this vacation and I'm not sure why.
On the TTC front: Before Frank ruined our day (I guess his was ruined too), I was going to go for my PCOS blood work. I didn't make it so I'll have to go on Friday. I keep saying this and there's only Tuesday and Friday each week when it can be done.
Also, D randomly brought home a Clear Blue OPK. I was surprised since those things are like $50. Apparently she didn't like the idea of trying without some sort of monitoring. She also said the grossest thing yesterday. We were talking about how it better work within 2 tries with the fresh stuff because I do not want to go back to the clinic in January. She responded "I'm sure it will work, the proof is in the pudding". Now I know this is an old proverb and all but when you're talking about baby batter lets not use the word pudding? hehe
Oh and I almost forgot. I got an invoice for almost $700 for someone's SPERM! My cryo sent it to me in error!!! I called the lab and my clinic because some poor person was going to go in for their IUI and their sperm would have my name on it! I hope their procedure could still be done. How unprofessional is that? I got an apology from their VP.
Seriously, seeing the $700 bill almost made me want to puke. I'm praying the "old fashioned" way works for us because I'm sick of paying for that junk. I need to remind myself when I'm feeling uncomfortable financially that we spent close to $9000 on TTC in the past year. Duh, that's where all our money is going (other than to NKOTB).
No comments:
Post a Comment