Today has been horrible and it isn't over yet.
We woke up to my 9 year old cat attacking his tail viciously. D went to calm him and ended up covered in blood (his). We soon found blood on the floor, carpet, walls and sideboards. We immediately thought that he'd finally "snapped". He's been a handful since we adopted him at 9 months old and he's on anti-anxiety medication which prevents him from marking and licking all of his belly hair off. He missed two pills (Saturday Night/Sunday Morning) because we were in Montreal this weekend. I felt soooo guilty! We always have a cat sitter but we thought for just one night he'd be fine. I should have known better.
Anyway, I was lucky to get a vet appointment and it was like Frank all of a sudden knew I'd be staying home with him and he was very happy and purring. Stupid Cat. I was furious. Yes he was feeling better but WTH? I am not a cat person, I am a Frank person. I love this cat to death but I just don't get cats. It was Jeykll and Hyde. "Grrrr, eat my tail.... Yawn, lick my bum."
Anyway.. I packed him up and got in a cab. We got to the vet and even the intake receptionist asked Frank if he was faking (because he was being charming) however when the vet saw him he immediately found a 2 inch long cut on the end of his tail. It looked like someone had taken an exacto knife and sliced him open to the bone. At first it didn't look like he'd need to be sutured but once his tail was shaved it was clear the cut was deep. I had to leave him there to be put under for the procedure and I have to go back and pick him around 6:00 pm. The estimate was $450!!!! SHIZ. I'm not sure if we're still going to go away! This is a hard hit (but more on that later in another post).
At this point I'm thinking I should go into the office. I was leaving him behind so all I had to do was get out of my civies and into some work wear and I'd be there by 11:00.
Not so easy.
I get to the subway and it's down due a power outage. Read: someone probably jumped on the tracks. Damn Goddit. So I turned around and came back home to work remotely and try to figure out what happened. We do not have sharp objects anywhere. When I spoke to D she reminded me that Frank made a weird noise under the table last night. I had totally forgotten about that. It was an odd cough/cry that made me say "what the heck was that?". Apparently it was him slicing up his tail. I've already been on my knees touching the base of the table but I can't find anything sharp. It makes sense that it happened there because that's where the blood is puddled where in other places it looks like he's dragged it around. This is all very odd. I need to call in the Cat CSI crime lab so we can prevent this from happening again.
No comments:
Post a Comment