Thursday, September 4, 2008

Random Thoughts

I'm so happy tomorrow is finally Friday. It's only been a 4 day week but it's been a LONG 4 days. I work with this woman who is driving me crazy and I finally snapped at her today and asked that she not speak to me for the remainder of the day. Her eyes bugged out of her head and she ran off. I probably made her cry. She is just so odd. She's paranoid that everyone is plotting against her and she's always saying stuff like "are you mad at me" when in fact the only thing that is making any of us mad is the fact that she's asking if we're mad or if we hate her or if we're ignoring her. Give me a freakin' break lady and get a shrink. End of subject.

On the topic of crazy we used to have these really odd neighbours that for some reason are hanging around our complex again after moving out many months ago. This isn't the first time they've come around since they left but now it seems like they're here almost every day. This is a single mom with 2 kids. They were home all day (kids never in school) causing noise and destruction in our common areas. Last night they were outside hanging around until 11:00 pm and the little girl can't be older than 4. Not to be rude or anything but the lease on units runs $1800 a month + utilities - how the heck could she afford living here to begin with? I don't want to sound judgmental saying that because she's a a single mom she can't afford to pay rent but this woman would knock on doors and ask for food. I felt like yelling out my window last night "Shut up and go home". I can hear them out there right now. Part of me is fearing they've moved back in. It's just so strange. It's like they're stalking our condo complex.

Anyway.... I brought home boxes yesterday to pack some stuff up out of the Clair's room (for the rental closet). Clair (our 14 year old darling kitty) was diagnosed with cancer over 2 years ago and given 3 - 12 months to live. The only side effect of this is that she's being more sensitive to the antics of her little brother who endlessly torments her. When was started TTC we took the furniture out to make way for the nursery but since it's been a year and no progress I've decided enough is enough. Our place is too small to be using a whole room as a storage unit/cat hospice. When my nephew comes over he sleeps on a little bed in our room. Since it seems like he'll be over more often we've decided to clear the room out and make it an area for the children. Clair can still sleep and eat in there when they're not here but when they are she can hop the gate as needed to get away from her brother but otherwise she's evicted. This will be my weekend project. I'm hoping I have D's blessing to also buy a couple of new toys and some Disney Cars decals for the wall. I know she won't want me to make a big deal out of this but I think it would be nice for my nephew to have a little area here. It's not like he's a stranger! I also know that D is just looking out for me because if BIL decides we can't see him anymore I'll be devastated. To be honest, I'm not THAT worried because one less child on the weekend has always been something he's been eager for.
Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment