Next up, my mother has really pissed me off. I'm not even sure pissed off is the right words for it. I think more it is "greatly disappointed". Since Frank takes 2 pills per day (now 6 with pain and antibiotics) we always need an overnight sitter when we go on vacation. Our regular cat sitter has gone back to school so we're relying on our mothers for help. Given that we've we just spent $700 we decided to cancel our main hotel stay (same amount as vet bill) and have opted for just going away for 1 night.
With little surprise she took this opportunity to say it was "too complicated" anyway and we can just board Frank at the vet. Which is true and something we didn't know was an option in the past but the point was that I still wanted her to come. I suggested she fly down with my uncle and stay for 4 days and then fly back with him (Air Canada buddy pass) but she said no because she doesn't like standby. I was hoping she would still visit because I haven't seen her for more than 2 days in a row in several years. It's so bad it's like I only get to see her at weddings and funerals.
To make it even worse she told me she was coming down for just one night but was going to Mount Forest and then returning home the next day. She wouldn't have a chance to see me. She actually ended the call in a sing-song voice saying "I'll see you one day, I just don't know when".
I'm sorry but this is BS. I can't believe she cares so little that she doesn't want to see me! She's taken to this family in her town and calls the children her "fake grand kids" and spends a lot of time with them (including this trip to Mount Forest for a bird show). I feel like asking if she's forgotten that she has a family. What makes things even worse is that D and I had offered for her to live with us and she'd said she wanted to take care of her "grand baby" but now I'm thinking that everything she does is disappointing and it will likely never happen. I'm living in a dream world thinking that she can be my child's "Nana" and things will be like they were for me (I loved my Nana so much).
Whatever!
No comments:
Post a Comment