In the past year I have become completely addicted to blogging. There was once a time when I would visit BBC 15 times a day and now I go there once a week - if at all.
The only thing is that I need to figure out a way to be more organized about the blogs I read. Right now I link through my comments or other users blogroll/comments to get around. Some are saved on my bookmarks but not all of them. Its not very organized and I feel bad about that.
Here are some updates on my various entries over the past year:
1) My mother buying a car: I was really pissed off when my mother told me she bought a Yaris. Well it's now winter and so far she has not landed in a ditch... HOWEVER... a couple of weeks ago she told me that when she was driving down the trans Canada highway (doing 100 km/hour) she almost hit a deer. Wait, not just a deer - but an entire family of deer (4). Thankfully there was no one behind her and THANKFULLY no one driving the opposite direction. ARGH!!! See why I want my mother in a tank, not a golf cart?
2) My mother and the TV: We've repaid our "debt" to my mother. The full $900 in December in the form of a personal cheque which she left at the post office until mid-January because she "doesn't pick up her mail that often". My mother would not talk to me until I paid her and since she's cashed the cheque she has been in a pretty good mood. That was up until this week when she asked if she and her friend could stay at my place so they could go shopping for Korean food. My mother has not spent more than a handful of nights with us in YEARS yet she's asking to come with a friend so they can go shopping in Toronto? Sorry, call me a bitch but I told her that my condo is not a hotel and that if SHE (ALONE) wanted to visit she was welcome at any time. The last thing I want is to be stuck with a load of Korean food for a year. She would likely be driving the above mentioned golf cart (not flying) but she'd probably still buy more than will fit in it (not hard at all) and I'd get stuck with instructions to ship it back to her. No... not going to do it..... not this time.
3) Trouble with BIL and his kids: February 1st is the 5 month mark since we've seen the children. D's brother and cousin have posted pictures of the children on Facebook which are bittersweet reminders of what we're missing. We sent our Christmas presents to them and received feedback that the kids really liked them. Apparently the hoodie we bought my nephew is his new favourite shirt and he wont take it off.
Of course my MIL is still trying to stay neutral and is being no help at all. After all, before we became the family monsters my SIL hated her. This has somehow united them and she has more contact with the kids than ever.
D was really upset at Christmas because her mother spent it with her brother and the kids. What annoys me are the comments people have made about this. Saying that her mother should be with the grand kids at Christmas. That really stings considering we're trying to give her grand kids so not only are we sad that we do not have kids but apparently D doesn't have the right to spend Christmas with her own mother because of it???? The whole situation sucks.
4) The new Job: I'm still keeping quiet about this. I'm patiently waiting for the job posting which should go up next week. People know I'm leaving and I know I'm getting the new position but there are steps that need to be taken to ensure that happens. The job posting will say there is a preferred candidate - although it is possible that someone else could come in and get the job - it is pretty unlikely.
That's all!!
im the same way about BBC - i used to be there ALL the time. i hate the format now, so visit much less often.
ReplyDeletetry google reader for keeping up on blogs - you enter all the blog addresses you read and it keeps them all together and lets you know when new posts are made. you can even read all the posts on the same screen. i love it.
I'm the same way about BBC too. I go there about once a week to give an update or see if anything exciting is going on with a few I know but I don't like the format so much either.
ReplyDeleteI love following all the blogs I follow. I have them all listed on my blog and I have it set up to tell me when they update and I'll also jump around from blog to blog through others comments and add more to my list when I find some I want to follow. I'm becoming a bit addicted myself.
Sorry about the family drama. It's always the worst. :(
ReplyDeleteAs for the toyota...great car. The Yaris really isn't bad. It's lower and wider than my old Echo so it should handle snow better. I don't think driving a hummer or some kind of tank is a better idea. toyotas are not flimsy like golf carts... so try not to worry so much. just like people going on about the smart car which has an incredible frame on it even if it's small.
S & A - i like the sound of both options (google reader and the blog list) I'm going to have to try them out!
ReplyDeleteStacey - I like the Yaris sedan (it's on the short list of the car we want to buy) but not for my mom. She lives on an Island in Northern Ontario which gets hit hard in the winter. All-wheel drive is pretty much the standard up there so I was pretty shocked when she bought such a small car. It really does scare me.