Friday, January 2, 2009

More Sperm

I purchased 3 vials of my donor today. There were 4 available on Tuesday when I had originally heard back. Oh well. I don't really want to swoop in and buy out their stock but I also do not want to be forced into a situation where I need to switch donors again.

So there you have it. 3 vials. An odd number if I'm doing 2 IUI per cycle. This has made me think about doing a single unmedicated insemination in January. Of course, this all depends on if my clinic will accept me for the cycle starting on CD5. I've been thinking I'll re-work that and tell them my Day 1 was today (Friday) to make Monday CD4. If I'm not taking medication I don't think it really matters what my actual start date was and AF started yesterday evening.

That said - do I really want to put myself through another cycle at my old clinic? Or do a cycle without medication? Do I really care what I think I should do and will I do whatever I want anyway?
I think I need to drop down to 1 insemination regardless so this should be good for the 3 tries right up to IVF (if need be).
I think I've talked myself into it. I want to do one last cycle in January.... I'm a sucker for punishment.

Note: I had previously mentioned that I was thinking about reverting to donor #2 but he doesn't seem to be available anymore. I'm so glad I was able to buy more of donor #4.
It almost looks like he's been pulled. There is only 1 entry for the DSR for him (just came up recently) so it's not like I can see a bunch of other pregnancies out there. This is a vast contrast to my previous 2 donors who became unavailable. They have several listings on the DSR. I wonder what's up with that??

ETA: Apparently this is due to a reported "Abnormal Pregnancy" which is being investigated. Wow... that hits close to home. I was worried there was a reason like this behind his removal.

2 comments:

  1. wow - that sounds really scary - is the abnormal pregnancy with the donor you just bought? I am confused.
    If so, I hope you can find out more info.
    You just reminded me to look on the DSR for our new sperm donor - more reasons for me to obsess about donors! Yeah!
    I need something to do until MOnday when I take my last BCP and wait for AF so I can start my IVF meds!
    Hope that the cycle works out for you -whatever you decide!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have so many "men" in my life - it is confusing!
    The issue is with our 2nd donor which we used on try #5. Just last week D and I had discussed giving him another shot (or I guess, him giving us another shot) but we were able to buy 3 vials of our newest donor. That was when I had too much time on my hands and went to the DSR and saw he (2nd donor) had a pregnancy listed but was pulled from the Fairfax register.

    Good luck with your IVF meds. If you do not have a DSR membership let me know and I can help you out.

    ReplyDelete