Saturday, January 31, 2009

Help!

I'm soooo freakin' bored!
Ugh. I just don't know what to do with myself lately. I don't even have anything to blog about because I'm so boring!! Seriously!!
I think it's the cold weather and I'm sure it's getting to a few of us (who are not lucky enough to live somewhere sunny) but UGHHHH!!!! Get me outta here!
D and I have put a moratorium on vacationing in 2009 because we want all of our resources to be focused on TTC. Last year we did a lot of running around... Florida, New York City and shows in Detroit, Montreal and Buffalo. We felt that we were not being focused.
That brings us to January and barely a month into the vacation moratorium and I think I'm ready to hang myself with a winter scarf.
We've already been tempted. Our friends are doing a group trip to Las Vegas in February and they've asked if we'd join them. This one was pretty easy to pass up because we don't drink, party or gamble and I have a fear of flying. Although I want to go to Las Vegas one day it certainly isn't a priority for 2009!
We've also been tempted (or rather I have) by the Disney World offer of "buy 4 days, get 3 free and a $200 disney credit". That's a good deal!!! I'm trying really hard not to cave in to the pressure of that one!
Anyhoo... just throwing it out there that I have cabin fever.... and I'm quite possibly going insane.

ETA: I just bought tickets to 3 Spring Awakening shows (which is coming to Toronto in the spring)...... I'm sooooo EXCITED! I've seen the show 3 times in NYC already but I really love it! I'll be sitting on stage mixed in with the actors! I even talked D into seeing a show on stage with me (she's never done it). The stage seats are only $25 which is a good deal!
I guess this helps a bit with the boredom! I just have to wait until March/April to see the show!

2 comments:

  1. I hate when I feel like that. I hope you find something to distract and delight. I usually find that watching some movies or reading can help... unless I am so bored I can't focus on anything... then unfortunately nothing helps besides going out (and usually shopping).

    Good luck with your quest for something to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'm going to spend the weekend studying for my new job. Not a lot of fun but something to do! D is writing an exam so she's being LOADS of fun!

    Anything to keep me from the mall because in a mood like this I also end up shopping!!

    ReplyDelete