Monday, January 5, 2009

On Break

I couldn't do it.
I had to call the clinic today but thinking about it while showering this morning made me feel so sick. I don't want to go back there. Ever.
D agreed that we could sit out this cycle as planned and let the Metformin marinate another month.
It seems so childish that I hate my clinic so much that I feel ill at the thought of going back. The truth is I do not hate my clinic as a whole. I think my RE did not manage us properly and I think the cycle monitoring nurse has absolutely no compassion. I have not even received the results from my bloodwork for PCOS. I called my doctor and her receptionist informed me that Dr. XX had reviewed the results and I could start my Metformin - she'd mail me the prescription. I have never been diagnosed. This is how things work with my Doctor. Call the receptionist, leave a message, get a message back that the Dr. reviewed (whatever) and that a prescription/new protocol was in the mail. By doing this I was able to order bloodwork, start clomid, increase clomid, etc. all without seeing my Doctor. In fact of the 11 IUI I have had my RE has performed 1! And it hurt more than any of the other IUI combined!
Sigh.
Hopefully the new clinic will make the difference.

5 comments:

  1. Wow, that is some hands-off health care management.

    Three cheers for the new clinic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good for you! listening to your body/instincts is smart. hope the new clinic instills some confidence and makes you feel comfortable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you... I feel so good. Completely liberated.

    I'm FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like a horrible experience. It's good you finally have walked away. I hope the new clinic is one that fits your needs and provides you care you feel good about.

    ReplyDelete