A position was posted at work that caught my eye and I've decided to apply. It's pretty much the same job I have now but at a different pay level. This means both a higher base salary and an increased yearly bonus. I spoke to my manager and she said I was "perfect for it" and "will probably get it".
I'm trying to move on with my life. Last year I was approached for a job and turned it down. At the time I was fully engrossed in the project I was leading but I ultimately said no because I thought that if I got pregnant it wouldn't be fair to my new manager to need to re-hire in 9 months.
It sucks. I feel like I'm walking around with an expiry date. We could use this boost in income to help with our IVF expenses so I'm not going to think about getting pregnant. We'll just see what happens.
We're also re-claiming our spare room that was meant to be the nursery and making it a den. I had cleaned it out in August 2007 in preparation for our first try. We gave the furniture that was in there (bedroom set and desk) to my MIL and the room has been sitting empty ever since. I was so eager when we started that I repainted the entire condo before our first try. I had all of our ducks in a row because I wanted everything to be done before I got pregnant.
So silly. So naive.
Our first appointment at the new clinic is on Tuesday. My current clinic has provided me with a copy of my file (at a cost of $56 plus tax) that I'll be picking up Monday morning. Needless to say I'm looking forward to getting a second opinion! However... I did find out that my new clinic uses my old clinic's facilities for egg retrieval and transfers. Great! As long as I do not have to encounter my doctor again I'll be OK with that.
A fresh start on multiple levels is a good thing. Good luck with the job!
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the new position and the new clinic.
ReplyDeleteA lot of doctors use the old clinic's facilities for IVF as they are the best around. I think the clinic isn't bad too but doctors vary... ;)
Thanks!!!
ReplyDeleteStacey - I agree, I think the clinic is fine which is why I'm not worried about having procedures done there. It was my doctor and her support staff that I had an issue with.