Friday, January 16, 2009

Lesson learned!!!!!!

I'm working from home today because there is a power outage that is affecting most of the subway line I use to get to work. Normally I'd be thrilled to get away with a Friday "work from home" day however I LEFT MY LAPTOP AT WORK yesterday!!!! So yeah, I got a zipcar from 7:00 - 8:30am just to drive to work to retrieve my laptop (I also went to the grocery store). Only one person saw me and I told her to pretend I was a ghost! It's hard to explain being at work and then leaving to work from home because you can't get to work because there is no subway.... yet you're there anyway.
So now I'm at home with my freakin' laptop - which I am NEVER leaving at work overnight again!

4 comments:

  1. I have done the same thing. I try and bring my laptop home every night now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are a brave woman! i don't think i would have risked being seen! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I mostly leave my laptop at work. I am way too workoholic to not do so. I fortunately can muddle through a work from home day on my personal laptop if I have to. Sorry that you had to have that fun adventure today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was being lazy leaving it at work. That made me really kick myself. I normally bring it home.
    Never... ever.. again!

    ReplyDelete