Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Busy week

D's birthday was yesterday. She's now 33! We celebrated on Saturday by going to Canyon Creek Chophouse and to AMC to see Slumdog Millionaire. What a great movie!!
On her actual birthday we ordered pizza and had cake - which I decorated. To pull this off I worked from home without her knowing. I even got dressed in the morning and left home only to turn around and go back! This worked out well since I was also able to watch the presidential inauguration live from the comfort of my couch!
Here is the treasure chest cake I made (no reason for making it a treasure chest other than I thought it looked cool when I saw it online):

FYI = candy covered in chocolate frosting tastes gross... Oh well, I know for next time!

5 comments:

  1. wow I am seriously impressed!
    Glad you had great birthday celebrations yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow!!

    what kind of candy are those rainbow stripes??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that's a CAKE! Very impressive. Glad you had such a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy birthday to D. The cake looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks - the cake was very easy to make and D really loved it.

    S - I'm not sure what the rainbow stripes are called. They taste like fruit roll up - but sour. I'd never seen them in rainbow before.

    ReplyDelete