I'm going to the Doctor today for my Triple Test for Down's Syndrome. Now that I've read up on the test I'm not sure why I'm doing it. What I'm hoping is to find out that my Blood and ultrasound results from my First Trimester screening were accurate and have been sent to my OB. If not I'm going to have words with my Family Doctor because it is unacceptable for them to have screwed this up.
I'm soooo cranky. Our roof leaked on the weekend after a hard rainstorm. I figured this would happen eventually since it seems to be a problem with our condo format. I know A LOT of people who have already had this damage and have already had their roof fixed. I'm sitting here waiting for the roofer to arrive. Hurry up, buddy.
I'm also really tired. I can't sleep at all anymore which is a drastic change from even a couple of weeks ago when all I wanted to do was sleep! I lay awake, tossing and turning. I pee every hour... I'm friggin' exhausted. I want a nap right now. Like I said.... hurry up roofer dude and so help me if those First Tri test results are not at the OB's office this afternoon. Grrrrrr....!!
Just curious as to why you would test for downs??
ReplyDeleteYeah, I'm not sure why my OB (or rather the Nurse) was so hell bent on me getting tested. I'm only 31. Regardless, D and I have already discussed it and we're not doing an amnio regardless of the results. We would not terminate over downs. Ever.
ReplyDeletethere sees to be a lot of this test going around in blog land recently.
ReplyDeleteI am not yet at the place where I have to figure out what it all means - but it seems they do just love to test for all kinds of things. it's their( docs and nurses) way of trying to control things I think - just my opinion!
I think part of the reason they wanted to do the test was because my first trimester screening was messed up and they didn't get the results. I did see my u/s results for it and the nuchal fold measurement was 0.8 which I believe is normal. I think I read they only "care" about it if it is over 3. Not sure.
ReplyDeleteThe triple test was easy. Only 1 vial of blood so I didn't have much to complain about!