Friday, July 24, 2009

Saturday

Tomorrow is my day with my mom. She’s cooked up a plan for us to get together with my Aunt and two cousins. Although I would have liked for her to come in to spend time with us alone, this will also be fun. The only thing is that I’m a bit nervous to see my cousin pregnant. You’d think I’d be over that by now but apparently this proves I’m not. It’s weird because while TTC (before my cousin announced) I was never “jealous” of those around me that were pregnant. I’d take the initial hit of finding out (sometimes curse or cry) and move past it pretty quickly. I was never one to stare down pregnant ladies or women with babies and curse at them. I enjoyed reading pregnancy blogs and frequently read the parenting forums. However, now, I’ll look at people and think how lucky they are to be so big or already have their baby. I'm having such a hard time seeing myself in their place and I’m jealous!!! It’s soooo stupid and I know it...

2 comments:

  1. honey, you ARE pregnant and you are now one of those ladies!!! We all have our issues, believe me, I have mine, but you will be big and round before you know it. :) I moved into maternity pants today at 16 weeks and there are times I still can't believe I am pregnant. (see, issues abound) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's about when I made the move to maternity pants too...they are so comfortable I fear giving them up!
    I have to admit I was envious when I saw my cousin! She's 22 weeks and her belly button has popped out already! She's huge and has been since 3 months (she was skinny to start of with so it's weird).

    ReplyDelete