Today's appointment was an exhausting and confusing 2 hours of running errands through the cavernous hospital. I saw my OB, the nurse and then had to run around to book appointments and get my blood taken.
It ends up that it only took two OB appointments for me to be diagnosed with Hypertension and referred to the High Risk clinic. Since they knew it would be at least 4 weeks until I could see the specialist they put me on medication immediately. I was told that if my BP went over 150 I had to come into the hospital. Today I was 150/96. Yikes.
With all of the hoopla involved in the "you have hypertension and need meds ASAP" I forgot to question why they were sending me for the downs screening. Before I knew it I was out the door with a pile of paperwork and on my way. I figured it would be easier to just do it and get it over with and we'd already discussed what we do with the results - ignore them. I know that is easier to say than do but a) my cousin had false results so we've already been down that road and b) Downs is something that I would be able to accept. I would NEVER terminate over it.
So with everything booked I have appointments a plenty in the coming weeks. My Anatomy scan will be August 11th (our 2nd wedding anniversary) - how cool is that for celebrating? I have appointments booked with the specialist at the High Risk clinic as well as another appointment with my OB for follow up on the new meds. This is getting complicated!
No comments:
Post a Comment