Thursday, July 9, 2009

Random Updates..

My Mother is visiting Next Weekend– I haven’t seen her in over a year and this visit is going to set the tone for what we’ll expect from her as a Grandmother in the years to come. Basically if we get along she’ll likely come down to see the kid. I suspect if we fight, we’ll be getting packages in the mail. Honestly, I don’t really care where this goes. I want to have a nice visit but after that…. whatever. The last time I visited her was for a night in 2006 on our way home from Minnesota. When we arrived she had all of my childhood toys and belongings piled in her living room. She told me I had to take them with me when I left the next morning. What a bitch.

The Baby’s Room – We can’t see the floor. It is piled with boxes and our old couch. The door is closed and I’m ignoring it. We’re going to have to do something about that!

The Baby Registry – We went to Babies R Us and started our registry. Honestly, most of the items we could do without. We put some fun stuff on it and also practical stuff but not the crib, stroller or infant car seat. We weren’t looking for a handout but my manager offered to give us their crib. I was going to decline the offer but it’s a nice crib from a high end store. At the very least I’m going to check it out. As for the stroller, we’re really stuck on this one. We want something that folds down to a compact size since our entryway is not large. Although, now that we have the car I suppose we could store it in the trunk. Anyway, we’re leaning towards buying the Bugaboo Bee which means we’d add the corresponding Graco car seat to the registry.

Maternity/Baby Shopping – I’m now officially in maternity wear. We hit a great sale and bought a bunch of stuff. The bill came out to $167 spent with $192 in savings. I’ll need to go out again this weekend because I need to get some work pants and maybe a few more tops. It’s both thrilling and scary doing this kind of shopping. I turned to D in the change room and asked “if it didn’t work out, what would we do with all of these clothes”. It’s hard to shake that doom and gloom mentality or believe this is real!!! We’ve also bought a few items for the baby (we said we weren’t going to). We bought a couple summer overalls and 2 sets of swim wear. We’ve found that stores are really BOY or GIRL and not much in between. I’m glad we’re finding out the sex because the neutral stuff is not my cup of tea. Right now we’re buying outfits that are unisex from the boys section!

Finally….….. I don’t want to curse myself by saying this but my nausea seems to have finally gone away. I’ve had a few moments here or there but for the most part I’ve been feeling good for about a week (heartburn excluded). I’m also back on food – which is really nice! I read my 15 week summary and it said by now I’ve gained 5-10 pounds. Nope! I’ve lost weight. However with all of the food and liquid I’m now able to consume I’m sure I’ll catch up. I’m also finding that my bladder is really getting a workout. I think I’m losing sleep over the amount of times I’m peeing each night!! Yawn. zzz

2 comments:

  1. I have lost weight as well, and my doc didn't seem concerned, so don't worry. Although my nausea and vomiting are not gone, so I hope to be like you in a week. We still have that doom gloom too---when does that go away! We are getting our crib but not putting it together yet, just in case something does happen and we can take it back to the store. Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohmygawd! When did you get to be 15 weeks pregnant?! I'm sorry you are still a bit doom and gloom, but I think you are going to stay pregnant until that little baby wants OUT.

    I hope all goes well with your mom next weekend. If not, at least she will keep her distance in the future and just send packages...

    ReplyDelete