I can’t say TGIF enough. I’m so exhausted this week. Last night we went to our LAST concert for a while. I told the baby as we were leaving that I’d give “her” some peace and quiet from now on! The show was good - Coldplay was awesome. I’m not a huge fan (not really a fan at all) but as I suspected, they put on a killer show. The whole point of this was to expose my brother to something he’s never experienced before and when he had expressed interest in Coldplay I jumped at the chance to take him. He’s still young but obviously musically gifted. I think he does have a career in music ahead of him but I’m not sure if it is what he thinks it will be. I wanted him to get excited by a sold out show at a big venue with screaming fans because that’s a far cry from what he is used to. He ended up having a good time and was really funny about it. He turned to me at the beginning of the concert and asked: “Is this how loud they’re going to be? Because I don’t think I can handle the bass.”!! Later he asked “Did you think they were going to be this good? They’re really good!” Too funny! When they played his favourite song he sang out loud along with everyone else. It was awesome to see! He may not fully appreciate it now, but I’m sure he’ll be pleased that he went to a concert of this magnitude as his first. Like D said, she wishes her first concert had been like Coldplay as a kid and not Milli Vanilli (mine was NKOTB at 11 years old). I’ve already told him that we’ll get tickets to a Musical next and hopefully one that has an orchestra pit. Like I said above, I really want to expose him to new things so he can see that there are many options for musicians.
In other happenings, my mother left yesterday. She didn’t end up staying for the long weekend. I’m a bit guilty of being happy about this because it means I will not have to entertain all weekend (all I want to do is sleep). She came to Toronto on Tuesday to go to my OB appointment. She was able to see the hospital and meet our nurse/doctor. She heard the heartbeat which was exciting for her. I’m glad she had that opportunity because I think it has made her feel more included. Overall, we only spent a few hours over a couple of visits during this trip but it was enough. She plans on returning in September but like always, I won’t hold my breath! She also confirmed that she’d like to come down and visit after the “excitement” dies down in December/January. In other words, she will NOT be here for the birth of the baby. I am OK with that decision. She doesn’t play fair so this is probably for the best.
Aw, that's a sweet picture of you & your brother at the concert. Glad you're going to get to rest this weekend. It does sound like your mother finds ways to constantly shift the ground under your feet, doesn't she?
ReplyDeleteYou are such a wonderful sister! I am glad things are going so well and it sounds like things with your mom will work out for the best.
ReplyDeleteI just had a good laugh reading your post! Milli Vanilli was my first concert as well. Oh how I loved them and it was all a scam. It was so nice of you to take your brother to a great concert like Coldplay.
ReplyDelete