Thursday, July 23, 2009

None left to purchase...

Out of pure boredom I looked up our donor the other day. He’s no longer listed by Xytex as “Canadian Compliant” and he isn’t listed (even under limited access) through our distributor.
It seems like we haven’t had much luck picking donors or we’ve only picked extremely popular ones. A friend of ours just became pregnant for the 2nd time after a 5 year gap and was able to buy the same donor without any problem. For us, all 4 of the donors we’ve used are now unavailable. I can’t say for sure what will happen in the future but for now it looks like we’re very lucky to have purchased the 6 vials we have in storage. I’m hoping that is enough for one sibling. If not, I guess we’ll have no choice but to switch donors again.

4 comments:

  1. Sometimes sperm banks will attempt to contact the donor to see if they will donate for a sib. I think you end up paying all of the costs then if they find them. So smart of you girls to buy those 6 when you did! I hope it's enough for a sibling too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. also they may have some but are limiting too sibling families only

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopefully we'll be able to have a sibling with what we have. I feel like I'm jumping ahead but planning seems so important.

    We're happy with our 6 and will make it work. It may mean we'll be boarding the IVF train for #2 right out of the gate. We'll have to see what's available if/when we're ready!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you could do iui for a certain number of tries and then switch to ivf. that's our plan with the 5 vials we have left when angele tries to conceive.

    ReplyDelete